Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-18 13:34:38

kevin
Website

CRG Problem???

I have set up a Managed CRG with 46 images and Multiple Clients.  I noticed that in the Client Respose>FeedBack section of Backlight One client's (Client A )comment was duplicated on the same picture for another client (client B).  And, another comment from client A was missing from the feedback section of backlight but present in the email. 
I found this when I was comparing the information in backlight to the info contained in the emails that that were sent after "submitting".   
Comments Please!
Note :  If the images in question were my images. I would share the site and log in info on the forum.  As the images in question are not mine to share, I would prefer to share specific site and log in via email.

Thanks

Kevin

edit :      I noticed also on another client,  there is a small difference between the report in Backlight>Feedback and the email that was sent out.

Last edited by kevin (2017-10-18 13:44:07)

#2 2017-10-18 14:04:00

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: CRG Problem???

Have you created separate logins for each client, or are they sharing one?

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2017-10-18 14:08:13

kevin
Website

Mat    they are separate Logins

#4 2017-10-18 16:21:51

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Can you please send Backlight admin credentials via email? Also, direct links to relevant albums.

Matt

#5 2017-10-18 22:21:27

kevin
Website

Hi Matt

Your email link is missing.....    well it was missing a couple of minutes ago!!!!  I see that it is there agian!

I sent the info out using the contact form on http://theturninggate.net/support/

I hope that you get it!

Kevin

#6 2017-10-18 22:30:49

kevin
Website

I get it now!  The email link appears only when I am signed in to the forum...

#7 2017-10-20 01:18:15

kevin
Website

So, The latest observation is;
I have had two "clients" submit their feed back, without email notification and without the CRG gallery being closed.
The feedback in these cases were just "selections", there were no comments, or the images were not rated.
Thanks
Kevin

Last edited by kevin (2017-10-20 09:14:09)

#8 2017-10-20 01:21:32

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Hi Kevin,

I haven't gotten a chance to look at the info you sent yet. Sorry about the delay, but I got busy today responding to the new Lightroom announcements from Adobe. I'll make a point to looking into this for you tomorrow (it's after 1 a.m. here as I write this).

Matt

#9 2017-10-20 02:43:20

kevin
Website

Thanks Matt    It is not a really big deal for me at this stage.  I mostly wanted to pass this behaviour along to you as feed back!

Kevin

#10 2017-10-20 09:24:16

kevin
Website

So, it seems that the "Heart Selection" is visable in the Client Response>Feedback section of Backlight right away, submition is not required.   Look at FeedBack number #000017....    This was not "sumbited" from the site!   As well "Options" is list but not reported.
Again Matt, not really an issue with me, just some observations.

#11 2017-10-20 09:28:42

rod barbee
Website

If you're using the Managed option, then any feedback is saved in the database, even if it hasn't been submitted yet. This allows for clients to make their selections over multiple sessions, having their work saved, before submitting feedback.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#12 2017-10-20 09:42:32

kevin
Website

Yes, I understand that Rod.  It just that the only the Selections are being reported back without having to be "submited" from the site!
Comments, Star Rateings and options are only reported back after "Submiting".
Thanks for your comments though.

#13 2017-10-20 15:23:52

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Hi Kevin,

I've looked at this. I first logged into your admin and created myself a client account, assigned the album. I then logged in as that client, dropped some hearts, and added some feedback.

My selects were immediately visible in the feedback area, with the feedback status being "open". At this point, my other feedback -- ratings, options, comments -- were not visible.

I then returned to the gallery and submitted my information, which sets the feedback to "closed" status. At this point, all feedback -- selects, ratings, options and comments -- were reflected in the feedback record in Backlight's admin. I also received an email with identical feedback.

From these observations, all appears to be working as intended, and I see no anomalous behavior.

In your original post, you said you were seeing duplicate feedback between clients. Can you tell me which clients have this in their profile? If you'd rather not post their names here, feel free to follow up via email.

Matt

#14 2017-10-20 22:58:57

kevin
Website

Hi Matt,

I see that you have created the client account and tested as I described....  I did recieve the feed back email as designed.
All is working as it should!

I had copied and pasted the feed back emails on to the bottom of the email that I sent that had the backlight log in creds.  I dont have a copy of that email because I had sent it through one of your contact forms.  There is no way to "cc" another email address from a contact form.... is there? I went back and looked at the feed back in Backlight, there was no duplication.  I must thave been either on crack, having a senile moment, or imaging things, or all of the above.  I was under the impression that the offending feedback numbers were #10 and #12.  Any supporting evidence  that I have would be in the email that had the backlight creds.
I was a little surprized that the selects were showing up in the in the feedback area without submitting.... this is actually a great feature.

Thankyou Matt, for taking the time to investigate.  I am sorry if I wasted your time. I did learn something though!

Thanks,

Kevin

PS    on your comments:    River Of Light, taken in Iceland durning the summer of 2017.  Tip was Point Pelee, Ontario, Canada.  The most southern tip of Canada.

Thanks again,

Kevin

#15 2017-10-21 11:29:06

Matthew
Administrator
Website

No problem, it happens. I'm glad all is in good order.

Matt

Board footer