Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#26 2016-11-16 12:04:23

rod barbee
Website

Re: Where to start

1. That means all my albums in Publishing Services are managed by Backlight, correct? 2. And I don't have to do anything else to any of the specific albums, correct?

Correct.
It depends. If you haven't done it already, you'll want to assign album templates to your albums.

3. In CE4 I had a Fotomoto link to all my images. How do I re-establish the fotomoto connection?

in the docs: http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … to_support

4. Are there specific tutorials to help with the design of my site? i've watched Matt's you tube video where he quickly ran through some of the features. Are there more video's or printed literature somewhere?

no. But there is the Tips and Trick forum. And I've got various thing on my ttg-tips site.

But while logged into Backlight you can view a page and click the refresh icon at the bottom of that page. In another window you can have the Designer open and make changes to your template and see those changes happen in the page you have displayed. This works really well if you have two monitors.
It's a great way to quickly learn what the various settings can do.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#27 2016-11-17 01:43:05

mjenich

This one is probably for ben. I'm trying to reconfigure my e mail as per your "Issues with Bluehost" documentation. Everything went well and I  got the PHP 5.4 version. I went to FileZilla and found the file "pphp.ini". BTW-It's not in Backlight and appears to be at the same level as Backlight. 1. Should it be in Backlight? 2. How do I remove the semi-colon and make the substitutions as you note in Step 7. I think I need some special software to do that.

When I went to get into backlight I got this message, "Unexpected error: Module 'ionCube Loader' already loaded in Unknown on line 0". How do I fix it?

#28 2016-11-17 02:48:28

rod barbee
Website

BTW-It's not in Backlight and appears to be at the same level as Backlight.

that's where it belongs.

How do I remove the semi-colon and make the substitutions as you note in Step 7. I think I need some special software to do that.

Just a plain text editor. Download the file to your local computer and open it with a text editor. Make the changes, save, and upload it, making sure you overwrite the existing php.ini file.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#29 2016-11-17 02:49:24

rod barbee
Website

When I went to get into backlight I got this message, "Unexpected error: Module 'ionCube Loader' already loaded in Unknown on line 0". How do I fix it?

Ben addresses that here: http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … ule_errors

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#30 2016-11-17 04:12:06

mjenich

I am now able to get back into the dashboard in Backlight-problem solved. Thanks.  Regarding sending the e mail, I downloaded the php file, opened it in notepad, found the line (1012) "send_path...". But above it it said it was for "Unix only". I made the changes and tested it by sending an e mail but it didn't work. Above the Unix reference was "For Win32 only". 1.  I'm using windows so should I have made the changes there and not under the Unix reference. BTW the path under Win32 is different from how it described in the documentation. Also, I went to verify it in the dashboard and could not find "View PHP Info". 2. How do I find "view php info" in dashboard?

#31 2016-11-17 04:32:23

rod barbee
Website

2. How do I find "view php info" in dashboard?

It's in the main Backlight dashboard under Special Links

php-info.jpg

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#32 2016-11-17 04:48:22

rod barbee
Website

Regarding sending the e mail, I downloaded the php file, opened it in notepad, found the line (1012) "send_path...". But above it it said it was for "Unix only". I made the changes and tested it by sending an e mail but it didn't work. Above the Unix reference was "For Win32 only". 1.  I'm using windows so should I have made the changes there and not under the Unix reference. BTW the path under Win32 is different from how it described in the documentation.

I'm guessing the Unix and Win32 references are for the server operating system, not your own.
Is the above in reference to another forum thread? If so, can you address it there?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#33 2016-11-17 05:49:23

mjenich

Dah!!! Sorry about that.

I found the "sendmail..." line in "View PHP Info" and it reads exactly as I wrote it in notepad. So far so good. But in the original line in the "PHP ini"  file in FileZilla, some of the information that was included in the handout was not there. Specifically, in "PHP ine" file there was no 'f" after the "-i"  at the end. The example in the documentation included "-f" so I included it with similar spacing. Could that be why it is not working? and/or

In step #7 the documentation it referred to "you@yourcompanyname.com". I put in "martinjenich@martinjenichphotography.com". That's what I put in the email program in the control panel in Blue host earlier today. Is that correct?

#34 2016-11-19 05:43:17

mjenich

I'm working on Fotomoto for the time being. I had an account with Fotomoto when using CE4. In your current documentation, "Fotomoto Support in Backlight". I followed all the steps. For example, in fotomoto.com I completed all the steps under "publish settings", "site addresses" and "store information".  In the section "In Backlight" in your documentation, I pasted my store number where I was directed to and was able to find my way to the Add-On section and chose Fotomoto and saved the change.

When I access my site through Publish Services (Go to Published Album) I get a page with the place holder text and my 2 test images show. I made a test gallery and published it with two images. When I go to galleries and open any of them, I get a small black box in the upper left corner on each image. I assume that's where the Fotomoto shopping cart should be. 1. Any ideas?

When I access my website from my desktop I get something different. I get a page that I designed and no images from the test album that I just uploaded. There is no place holder text which I removed when i designed it. The black boxes are still present on the images in the gallery.

In other words, I get one page when I access my site through Publish Services and a different page when I access my site from my desktop. However, in both instances I get the black box on each image which I assume is supposed to be the shopping cart. 2. Any ideas?

#35 2016-11-19 05:45:58

rod barbee
Website

this thread is getting really long and straying from the original topic. Can you post this latest issue as a new topic. That will make it much easier for others to find and be helped by it.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer