Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-30 22:18:10

evan
Website

Publisher pages not loading

I have an issue with my publisher driven pages not loading and defaulting back to the home page.  The galleries(portfolios) page see them just fine and loads correctly.  Lightroom appears to be working just fine exporting them.  I have reloaded publisher to check that.  Many of my pages are publisher driven (about, services, contact, client access) so it is most of my site that is not working at the moment.  I have recently (wed) moved to a new host and I fear that is the problem but I dont know where to start with that.

The publisher error log is showing these two error repeatedly:

PHP Notice:  Constant FIX_PERMISSIONS already defined in /home/studioth/public_html/ttg-be/config.php on line 16
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: id in /home/studioth/public_html/ttg-be/publisher/application/controllers/ApiController.php on line 923

Additionally the main error log is showing:

PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant G_SLUG - assumed 'G_SLUG' in /home/studioth/public_html/phplugins/phplugins.php on line 236
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant G_SLUG - assumed 'G_SLUG' in /home/studioth/public_html/phplugins/phplugins.php on line 372
  Any Ideas?

studiothomasphoto.com

Last edited by evan (2015-10-30 22:46:56)

#2 2015-10-30 23:00:51

rod barbee
Website

Re: Publisher pages not loading

Many of my pages are publisher driven (about, services, contact, client access)

Publisher cannot control more than one of the pages generated by Pages, so I'm not sure what you're getting at here.
And looking at your contact and services pages, the source code shows that they're generated by Pages, not Publisher.
Your Client Access link appears to go to just a folder with a client access page in side of that. This page was also created by Pages.

Can you outline what you're trying to do and the structure you're trying to achieve.

About the error log, consider sending those to Ben:
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … g_for_help

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-10-30 23:30:51

evan
Website

I use publisher to control new pages I redesigned.  They are labeled the same and under a separate publisher instance in lightroom.  see my previous host at http://ce4.studiothomas.org/ for an idea of what it looks like.  It allows me to have moving images in every page.  phplugins redoes all the menu linking to get where everything needs to be.  I could probably do without 'Pages' altogether now but it is a good base to build on and currently is at least a default when everything else is not working correctly (a little redundancy is not so bad sometimes).  Phplugins is showing everything correctly if you look at the link on the menu items.  One you click it though all publisher driven pages default back to the homepage. The galleries(portfolios) is the best standard example. They dont work. See new host at studiothomasphoto.com

#4 2015-10-30 23:35:57

Ben

Hi Evan, they are only notices and not errors.  Ideally our code would not cause such notices to be generated.   Can you see whether there is a setting for error level in your control panel.  Setting the level to all errors other than notices should solve it.

#5 2015-10-30 23:45:39

evan
Website

Ben wrote:

Hi Evan, they are only notices and not errors.  Ideally our code would not cause such notices to be generated.   Can you see whether there is a setting for error level in your control panel.  Setting the level to all errors other than notices should solve it.

I'll check that out. I was trying to provide any info looking for help, seemed like it could be relevant. Where would something like that be in cpanel?

Any other idea on why all my publisher driven pages do not load and default back to the homepage?

Last edited by evan (2015-10-30 23:46:21)

#6 2015-10-30 23:45:56

rod barbee
Website

What are you using to create the templates you're using for your about, contact, and publications pages?

If it's anything other than CE4 Gallery or CE4 Stage, you'll run into problems.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2015-10-30 23:48:21

evan
Website

rod barbee wrote:

What are you using to create the templates you're using for your about, contact, and publications pages?

If it's anything other than CE4 Gallery or CE4 Stage, you'll run into problems.

Yes they are all 'Stage' pages.  'Stage' is awesome you can do anything with it

#8 2015-10-30 23:55:58

rod barbee
Website

then I'm at a loss as to why those pages are redirecting back to your home page.

Can you see those files in the /pages/ folder via FTP?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2015-10-31 00:00:15

rod barbee
Website

PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant G_SLUG - assumed 'G_SLUG' in /home/studioth/public_html/phplugins/phplugins.php on line 236
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant G_SLUG - assumed 'G_SLUG' in /home/studioth/public_html/phplugins/phplugins.php on line 372
  Any Ideas?

maybe a silly question. Are you using the phplugins.php file from CE4 or CE3?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2015-10-31 00:01:06

evan
Website

rod barbee wrote:

then I'm at a loss as to why those pages are redirecting back to your home page.

Can you see those files in the /pages/ folder via FTP?

Yup, via ftp everything is there.  I'm baffled.

#11 2015-10-31 00:02:41

evan
Website

rod barbee wrote:

Any Ideas?

maybe a silly question. Are you using the phplugins.php file from CE4 or CE3?

CE4.  I did a clean start with CE4

#12 2015-10-31 00:08:03

rod barbee
Website

I don't suppose there's something weird going on in those pages' .htaccess files? maybe a redirect or something?

I'm not seeing any autoindex.xml files in those folders either.

I think Ben is going to have to figure this one out.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#13 2015-10-31 23:26:05

Matthew
Administrator
Website

I'm tired and may not be following quite right. I'm on your site, clicked into a few of your galleries, and all appears to be well. Are you still having issues?

Nice work on the design, btw. The site looks great.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#14 2015-10-31 23:56:49

rod barbee
Website

the nav links seem to be working now Evan. Did you change something?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#15 2015-11-03 01:37:38

evan
Website

Ok so an update, sorry for the delay Halloween got in the way and there were horrible creatures preventing me from getting to the computer:

I had my host look into my issue.  They initially claimed it was the scripts (um no) and then that it was a file permission error.  That my folders need to all be 755 (they were as far as i know) and all files 644 (again didnt realize they could be otherwise).   Most of the site is now working fine.  I'm trying to get more information from them.  And if I get some then I'll let you know.  Thanks for all your help.  Strange issues bring people out of the woodwork and its awesome. 

Thanks for the design compliments Matt.  These can be so incredibly modified it is almost hard to find what you like and stop. 

Still having an issue with publisher driven home page.  When it is activated and I have pages-gallery slug running the page loads the default 'pages' homepage with no phplugins.  Checked the file permissions and they are as expected 755/644 so no go there (not that i thought there would be).  Will have host take a look at that too.  Almost not worth the change.  ugg.

#16 2015-11-03 01:48:17

rod barbee
Website

Still having an issue with publisher driven home page.  When it is activated and I have pages-gallery slug running the page loads the default 'pages' homepage with no phplugins.

I just looked at your pages-gallery stage album (in the /galleries/ folder). I don't see the phplugins controlled navigation in the source code. Can you double check the path to phplugins in the Stage template you're using?

In Pages, have you assigned the Publisher controlled page to Home under Appearance > the Gallery?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#17 2015-11-03 03:53:44

evan
Website

Ha YES!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

Missed one path in all the changes.

rod barbee wrote:

Still having an issue with publisher driven home page.  When it is activated and I have pages-gallery slug running the page loads the default 'pages' homepage with no phplugins.

I just looked at your pages-gallery stage album (in the /galleries/ folder). I don't see the phplugins controlled navigation in the source code. Can you double check the path to phplugins in the Stage template you're using?

In Pages, have you assigned the Publisher controlled page to Home under Appearance > the Gallery?

Board footer