Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-03 19:18:47

selo

No Emails

Hi,

I am using CRG for a while now and since today i noticed some problems. When my clients makes a selection I dot not receive any emails. In the admin panel some of these selections aren't displayed either...

One of my clients just told me she sent 3 selections (i use the option to keep feedback open after selection).
1st selection = i did not receive an email, and i cant see the feedback in the admin panel.
2nd selection = i did receive an email, but i do see this selection in the admin panel
3rd selection = no email no selection in admin panel.

Very weird... i use version 6.1.0, should i update?

I also see two more selection from other clients but no emails received.

#2 2015-11-03 19:24:46

selo

Re: No Emails

I also noticed in the admin panel that one of my clients has selected 2 pictures, but both are the pictures. When i login as the client, i can see that she selected 2 pictures but i do not see which one... So when i click that symbol with a 2 next to it, i do not see any selections.

One of the clients just confirmed that she did not sent the selection. But i do see her selection in the admin panel.

I also tested it with a testing account... I did not see any problems. Both me (the customer) and the company received an email.

Last edited by selo (2015-11-03 19:40:11)

#3 2015-11-03 20:28:12

selo

I have done some more testing... When I make a selection but do not send the feedback (but i did click the email icon)... in the admin panel i can see that the customer has made a selection. No email because i did not send it.

After i do send the feedback (as the customer) in the admin panel i can see the selection in this case feedback number 125. I also receive an email of the selection.

So then i did another selection... from the same customer. I selected a few more photos. When i sent this feedback i do receive another email with the same feedback number. But in the admin panel, i only see the latest feedback.

Is there a way to make CRG so that a customer can send multiple feedbacks while it keeps saved in the admin panel? So a different feedback number should be created for each time a customers sends the email, is this possible?

This will at least help to figure out the selections in case we do not receive an email.

#4 2015-11-03 21:57:23

rod barbee
Website

Can you post a link to one of your galleries/albums and also make sure that guest access to ttg-be is enabled (Ben or Matt may eventually need admin access)

Version 6.1.2 is the latest. It's always a good idea to update to the latest version and is a good first step in trying to solve problems

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2015-11-03 21:59:03

rod barbee
Website

You say this started recently and that it has worked up until now?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2015-11-03 22:30:31

selo

Yes it worked until now... it still works though... it seems like just this one clients emails are not sent to me. But I do see it in admin panel.

#7 2015-11-03 22:41:33

rod barbee
Website

If all other emails are getting to you, then it's probably an issue with that particular email address being rejected by the host?
Or maybe they look like spam?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2015-11-03 23:09:26

selo

I dont think it is a spam... she resent the selection and this time i did receive the message..

Is there a way to make CRG so that a customer can send multiple feedbacks while it keeps saved in the admin panel? So a different feedback number should be created for each time a customers sends the email, is this possible?
This will at least help to figure out the selections in case we do not receive an email.

#9 2015-11-04 00:27:02

rod barbee
Website

is there a way to make CRG so that a customer can send multiple feedbacks while it keeps saved in the admin panel?

As long as it's from the same saved session, then I don't think so. But Ben and Matt will have to confirm.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2015-11-14 20:47:16

selo

Can Matt or Ben confirm? Will it be possible in the future?

#11 2015-11-14 20:57:32

Ben

We don't have plans for such a feature.

Board footer