Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-04 07:53:28

pdimeglio

Pulblisher in Lightroom 4.4 has error messages

Hi when installing the plugin i get a message saying that it's installed but may not work and it has error messages. when i go see what the message is it's is asking for a .png file

An unknown error occurred.
branding image file supporting_files/ttg-icon.png not found

when I open up the package, that file exists. Can someone help me figure out why this is happening

Thanks

Last edited by pdimeglio (2015-10-04 09:25:57)

#2 2015-10-04 20:50:10

Ben

Re: Pulblisher in Lightroom 4.4 has error messages

That's strange. Try deleting the plugin and adding it again.

#3 2015-10-09 07:26:31

pdimeglio

Hi Ben

Sorry for the late response, i did try that numerous times, keeps giving me the same error, the actual plugin seems to work though I think, so it's strange that i get his error. This version of publisher is bundles with the web publishing tools prob doesn't make a difference but figured i'd let you know what bundle it was.

Thanks
Pat

#4 2015-10-09 09:55:10

Ben

I'd say it's something specific to your PC.  The versions of Publisher are identical between the packages and standalone version.

#5 2015-11-06 05:13:16

DonWa2
Website

Hi Pat,

My machine is producing the exact same problem. Running an older Mac tower with LR v5.7.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/988 … _LRCat.png
I also got Publisher via the bundle download on 01Nov15. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this.

Still a mystery to me as to why it doesn't work. I've removed the Plugin and reloaded a few times; stored it in a high level system folder; and tried opening a new catalog to install. Same folder with question mark icon appears. Things are uploading just fine, but it rather unnerves me that the plug-in appears "down" and acknowledges with diagnostic error messages that it's incomplete.

When I install the plugin on a newer, MacBook Air & LR CC all is well... icon and all. Like Ben conveyed, it must be something specific to an "old-system" anomaly.

Regards,
Don

Quatrain ƒotographic, LLC
…seeing, thinking, teaching. Visual Poetry.
https://quatrainfotographic.com

Board footer