Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-26 02:15:40

jackmueller

Changing navigation after publishing galleries

First of all, a huge thank you and much gratitude for these products. I love them. Once CE3 Cart is released that will complete a really fantastic set of tools for me.

I just set up a few empty galleries. I have also just installed Publisher and I am about to populate the various galleries. I realized I will be making a change to the navigation on my wordpress site. I have set up absolute URLs in TTG gallery templates to mirror that Wordpress navigation / menu. If I add a menu item on the wordpress portion of the site, and then need to reflect that menu addition in TTG templates, how do I swap out just the file needed in galleries already posted on my server? i.e., what / which files need to be swapped in a previously published gallery folder, and possibly publisher folder?

I don't think you need to see the site to answer, but just in case the link is jackmueller.net

Thanks,

Jack

#2 2013-06-26 02:48:04

rod barbee
Website

Re: Changing navigation after publishing galleries

This is best done by using phplugins, otherwise you'd be spending time changing each and every gallery and page you have. Plus it will make it super easy to change again in the future if necessary.

http://ce3wiki.theturninggate.net/doku. … _phplugins

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2013-06-26 02:56:55

jackmueller

Thanks Rod. I have read that documentation. Still have no idea how I will use that in my future. I enabled phplugins but putting that to use is out of my skillset right now.

But right now I only have 6 (empty) galleries up. Rather than re-export everything, is there not a way for me to just swap out specific files in each of the 6 galleries? I have not created a publisher template yet, so perhaps that is unaffected yet.

#4 2013-06-26 03:24:55

rod barbee
Website

Matt's already done all the work in the phplugins.php file. All you need to do is to activate it by deleting a couple of lines and by modifying it to match the navigation you want.

But if you don't want to do that, the easiest thing for you to do is to change the navigation in Lightroom and re-export all the galleries. You can then upload only the index.php and mobile.php files (assuming you've enabled mobile galleries)

Otherwise, you'll need to edit all the index.php files (and any mobile.php files) in your galleries. Look for an area that starts with <div id="navigation"....> and change the <li> items as needed. If you need to add a link, just use what's there as a guide and copy in a line where needed, modifying as required. This is basically what you'd need to do with phplugins, only you'd have to do it six times instead of the one time with phplugins.

Probably a lot faster and easier to simply export and upload the needed files

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2013-06-26 03:57:59

jackmueller

Ahhhh. I think I understand much better now. Yes, I see it's simply easier right now to re-export. I will definitely educate myself in phplugins in the future. I'm sure it's not technically difficult to make that specific change. It's just that it is a mystery to me and no lightbulb goes off when I read that sentence. Thank you!! Glad I asked before I populated the galleries! smile

#6 2013-06-26 04:18:44

rod barbee
Website

you could have still made the change after populating the galleries. And once you start using Publisher, all you would need to do is change, export, and upload the template.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2013-06-26 11:18:51

jackmueller

Thanks again!

Board footer