Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-12 00:15:58

sknarberg

URL's for images in albums are changing!

I have suddenly found out that URL's for each image are not static and changes as new images are added to albums. This puzzles me as Backlight 2 are supposed to be SEO friendly etc.

I also so this as a problem in regard to the search engines in regard to broken links.

Does anobody know how to overcome this? I have not been able to find any setting in backlight 2 settings.

Thanks, Steen

#2 2020-06-12 00:43:41

rod barbee
Website

Re: URL's for images in albums are changing!

if you're using the slide show presentation in the Pangolin album, the generated page url may change due to the order of the images, but the image permalinks never change. So those are always SEO friendly.

Matt will need to comment on the overall SEO aspects of the slide show presentation.

But if you want urls that include the image file name, you can use the Single Image presentation.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2020-06-12 02:50:35

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Slideshow URLs are generated on-the-fly by the slideshow and are not static. That's what the permalinks are for.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#4 2020-06-12 18:24:48

sknarberg

Hi Matt and Rod

I think I found out that I can copy the image URL just by right clicking and choose copy image address, so that's ok. Even though it wasn't that obvious. Permalinks, that is only a feature in Backlight 3, right?

Have you considered to make the map function work With Google Maps or Google My Maps the other way around, so GPS data from images in Backlight are shown on a map? I would find that really usefull.

Kind regards
Steen

#5 2020-06-12 21:57:57

rod barbee
Website

Permalinks are in Backlight 2 as well.

with the slideshow presentation, click on thumbnail to open the large image. click on Image menu (on the right hand side) and you’ll see a “linked chain” icon, that’s the permalink icon.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer