Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-01 07:04:09

bbell

Metadata {Filename}, {Caption} questions

Thank you for the easy upgrade path to Backlight 3.

I am using "single-image pages". 

I would like the Filename and the Caption to appear below the image.

In Design Templates - Album settings - Photo Presentation  I put "{Filename}, {Caption}" in  the Token field and set it to center. 

The first Image shows no filename but displays {caption}. All the rest of the images display the  "actual_filename, {Caption}".  Checking a Backlight 2 gallery of mine on another domain the first image displayed both correctly, however the rest only showed the caption.

1) I republished all images after each change.  No image has a title some have Captions and all have a filename.
2) I have purged the respective caches

I must be simple; for the life of me I can't find it. I would be OK having only a caption.  I found images without titles display the filename in the breadcrumbs. I'd rather have both together.

http://grandfather.brucebell.com/galler … ss-plates/

Thank you

Bruce Bell

#2 2020-05-01 07:14:46

rod barbee
Website

Re: Metadata {Filename}, {Caption} questions

Double check the tokens to make sure they're capitalized: {Caption}

If using Lightroom, after any metadata changes, be sure to republish

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2020-05-01 07:57:52

bbell

Re: Metadata {Filename}, {Caption} questions

{Filename}, {Caption} Yep, just like this and I do re-publish each time.  Would it make a difference if my original LR images are very large Tif files? I also saved my Metadata to files prior to publishing.

Strange, first image didn't have Caption. So I gave it one, I hadn't tried that yet. Well now caption works for all the others too.  OK then let's remove caption from first image and see if it still works, yep, that one small change the only one, had persistence.  I suspect it there is an uninitialized variable somewhere.

Bruce

Note: these images were all scanned with VueScan so I have no idea if it initialized the caption field correctly.

Last edited by bbell (2020-05-01 08:00:15)

Board footer