Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-29 04:00:21

Dieter_Kurth

Change the provider from Strato.de to all-ink.com

Because I had big trouble with my home page and I could not access to the folders of my page any more. It seems that at the provider Strato the PHP did not work any more. So they showed a side that there was a empty domain. They could not fix this in one week so I decided to move my page to a new provider by using the same domain www.Kurth-dueren.de I copied all files from the Strato home page to my new page at all-ink.com, but after I used Safari to visit my home page I got the following error.

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 11 database disk image is malformed sql: 'select * from settings where 1=1' params: array ( )|#0 /www/htdocs/w01a8870/kurth-dueren.de/backlight/modules/module-framework/dao/PdoExtended.php(540): PdoExtended->_throwSqlQueryException('select * from s...', Array, 'SQLSTATE[HY000]...') #1 /www/htdocs/w01a8870/kurth-dueren.de/backlight/modules/module-framework/dao/PdoExtended.php(156): PdoExtended->_prepareAndExecuteSqlQuery('select * from s...', Array) #2 /www/htdocs/w01a8870/kurth-dueren.de/backlight/modules/module-framework/dao/GenericSettingsDAO.php(32): PdoExtended->selectRows('select * from s...', Array) #3 /www/htdocs/w01a8870/kurth-dueren.de/backlight/modules/module-framework/helpers/PropertyManager.php(27): GenericSettingsDAO->getData(Object(DesignerConfigManager)) #4 /www/htdocs/w01a8870/kurth-dueren.de/backlight/modules/module-designer/application/helpers/DesignerApplicationHelper.php(24): PropertyManager->merge(Object(AdminSettingsDAO), NULL) #5 /www/htdocs/w01a8870/kurth-dueren.de/backlight/modules/module-framework/helpers/GenericApplicationHelper.php(35): DesignerApplicationHelper->createConfigManager() #6 /www/htdocs/w01a8870/kurth-dueren.de/backlight/modules/module-framework/Framework.php(441): GenericApplicationHelper->getConfigManager() #7 /www/htdocs/w01a8870/kurth-dueren.de/backlight/modules/module-framework/Framework.php(151): Framework->initApplication() #8 /www/htdocs/w01a8870/kurth-dueren.de/backlight/modules/module-framework/Framework.php(41): Framework->init() #9 /www/htdocs/w01a8870/kurth-dueren.de/index.php(37): Framework->__construct('.', Array) #10 {main}|URL: /index.php

Also I get the same error if I try to use www.kurth-dueren.de/backlight/admin.
I checked also the permission of /Backlight/data and it is 755.

because I am a dummy in questions about the web programming syntax I do not know what does it mean, and what do I have to change?

What will happen if I download the Backlight module again from theturninggate side and install it again?
What do I have to save first before starting the new installation, because I used German captions and also a lot of other settings which I do not want to do again.

Thank you very much for your help.

Last edited by Dieter_Kurth (2020-04-29 04:20:29)

#2 2020-04-29 04:21:44

rod barbee
Website

Re: Change the provider from Strato.de to all-ink.com

The main folders you want to save are: data/, galleries/ and custom/ (if you're using custom css or phplugins)
Download these to your computer.
When installing at the new host, upload the backlight/ folder along with the index.php and .htaccess files.

You'll also need to install any add-ons like Cart or Theater

I can't tell you what the error message means, but be sure to check that the new host meets the TTG requirements for hosting

Requirements

Hosting
    Linux OS
    Apache server
    PHP 5.4 or newer
    SQLite and PDO modules enabled

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2020-04-29 04:45:25

Dieter_Kurth

Dear Rod,
the requirements are given from the new provider. You can use the following link and you can see all settings and versions
http://www.kurth-dueren.de/infophp.php

Did I understand it correct, that i should backup the following folders to my PC

/backlight/data
/galleries/
/backlight/custom
/backlight/Cart

After that delete the main Backlight folder on the domain and also the files index.php in the root and .htaccess in the root.
copy the downloaded Backlight Folder, the index.php and the .htaccess file  from my PC to the domain
and then start the installation.

After the installation with all modules are done, I have to copy the data and galleries and custom folder from my PC to the domain again. Then I am ready to use the homepage.
Is my thinking correct?

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by Dieter_Kurth (2020-04-29 05:04:10)

#4 2020-04-29 05:33:37

rod barbee
Website

It looks to me your host meets the requirements.

I don't exactly recall the Backight 1 structure so maybe leave the cart/ folder where it is.

I suggest downloading the backlight/data, backlight/custom, and galleries/ folder.

Then from the ttg download, upload everything but the galleries/ folder. Then upload, making sure your FTP program will overwrite, the backlight/data/ and backlight/custom/ folders that you downloaded earlier. You want to make sure you overwrite the existing folders from the new installation with the folders from your old installation. The backlight/data/ folder contains all your page text, gallery information, templates...basically everything you need.

Then log into Backlight and make any needed changes.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2020-04-29 05:39:08

rod barbee
Website

Also, now might be a good time to upgrade to Backlight 2. Backlight 3 is getting close to release and if you get Backlight 2 before that, the update is free. See Matt's latest newsletter.

The main reason I suggest this is that Backlight 1 is no longer supported and will not be updated. That means that if your host changes php versions (which may be the issue you're facing now, seeing as the host is using the the latest version, php 7) your site may no longer work.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2020-04-29 06:01:22

Dieter_Kurth

Hy Rod,

I am already using Backlight 2 and after reinstallation I want to go to the admin via
www.kurth-dueren.de/backlight/admin and I get a error message and after that I see in the address input window the following

http://www.kurth-dueren.de/backlight/ad … min/admin/

And in the Safari window is written to much redirections. But I do not know why.
The page was moved from Strato to all-Ink.com round about 60 hours ago. this problem should not come from the DNS servers, because this will be fixed normally after 48 hours

If you need to have a look via FTP please let me know.

Thank you again for your help.

#7 2020-04-29 06:17:17

rod barbee
Website

if you're on Backlight 2 then you don't need that cart/ folder. Backlight 2's structure is different. (and I'll move this thread to the Backlight 2 forum)

you're getting a lot of redirection going on. Make sure that the .htaccess file in the backlight/ folder corresponds to the one in the downloaded Backlight-2-Installer-xxx/ folder that you downloaded from TTG.

If that doesn't fix it, then Ben will have to take a look. (I have no idea how to fix these things).

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2020-04-29 15:22:08

Ben

Hi Dieter, the error shown is "database disk image is malformed".  Can you try re-uploading the copy of the file backlight/data/admin/master.sq3 to your new server?
If that doesn't help, then can you provide me with FTP access via email so that I can try and work out what's going wrong?

#9 2020-04-30 03:45:45

Dieter_Kurth

Hi Ben, Hi Rod,

thank you very much for your help. I deleted the whole backlight folder on my domain server. Then I put the downloaded backlight Installation to the Server and run the installation. It worked very well without any error. I could log in as administrator.

Then I copied the Data file and the custom and data file back to the domain server. and all Settings where there, but the relation to my picture shows errors  Like something went wrong. Getimagesize(): corrupt JPEG data 708 extraneous bytes before marker in 107-page-2.0.4-33-21-menu_32-105 indes-2.0.1-46-2-1-admin.view-1.template on line 409 This is if I press on my page Private.

If I use the www.kurth-dueren.de/Cart in Safari then I get the message
Something went wrong
getimagesize(): corrupt JPEG data:990 extraneous byte before marker in 107-page-2.0.4-33-21-menu_32-105-index-2.0.1-35-20-1-admin.iew-1.template on line 409

If I try to publish the files again via light room. then an error happens
Something went wrong
getimagesize(): corrupt JPEG data: 305 extraneous bytes before marker in 107-page-2.0.4-33-21-menu_32-104-index-2.0.4-50-12-1.view-1.template on line 97

Als at the normal gallery I got the first time the error but I could publish the pictures again, but I thing in the database are still the wrong pictures, because with lines inside which are not in the original.

Also I had the problem that the pictures of my gallery are not shown. also you will find a lot of "?" in the pictures. Also it seems that every 2 pictures are corrupt you find lines which are not normal.

Can you tell me how to open the correct SQL files and how to delete the old pictures?

I will send you also the FTP Account, so that you can change something at the Files which are located at the domain.
Thank you very much
Dieter

#10 2020-04-30 06:15:28

rod barbee
Website

the URL www.kurth-dueren.de/Cart shouldn't be used in Backlight 2. In Backlight 2, the cart does not reside there. Is this a leftover from Backlight 1? or is this your top-level galleries page?

Have you sent your info to Ben yet? That will probably be the fastest way of getting things in order.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#11 2020-04-30 13:28:05

Dieter_Kurth

Dear Rod,
thank you for your help.

I purchased the Cart module after I installed already backlight 2 and it worked before. This side should not be available via Menus buttons. Therefore I can put the folder also into Backlight if this is the correct folder to store the Cart pictures.

Yes I send the access via FTP to Ben.

In the mean time I found out if I prepare new albums in Lightroom gallery folder into the publishing module from TTG, then it workes without showing an error. If you open the homepage then it looked very well, like I expected. So it seems that after the new installation of Backlight 2 some database records are maybe corrupt. Or maybe some thing else happened.

Is there any way to delete the former gallery in the database to clean it up or is there any possibility to check the database so that it will delete all galleries which was inpossible to access

Again thank you very much for your help and your effort to help me.

#12 2020-04-30 13:51:02

rod barbee
Website

you shouldn’t be putting the cart folder anywhere. all that is created when you install it from your Backlight Modules page.

If you can’t delete albums from Lightroom Publisher then you should delete them from Backlight Publisher.

If that doesn’t work, then you can access the database. From the Backlight Dashboard click on the PhpLiteAdmin link. The password is “admin”. If you’re comfortable with databases, you can delete album entries in the publisher database
You’d then need to delete the album files and images via ftp.

But it might be a better idea to wait for Ben.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#13 2020-05-01 01:24:56

Dieter_Kurth

Thank you Ben

Thank you for your effort.

I will wait for Bens recommendation.

30 years ago i created databases via Novel Betrieve. So I believe that I can delete the albums, when I know in witch area I have to search. Thank you for giving me the chance to delete them, in case that Ben has also no idea.

Thanks again for your great support

Best regards
Dieter

#14 2020-05-01 01:31:24

rod barbee
Website

Ben would know. He's the developer.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#15 2020-05-01 10:02:51

Ben

Hi Dieter, there are a few ways to delete the albums from the database:

1) Brute force (warning, this will delete all albums from the database): remove or move away the file backlight/data/publisher/master.sq3

2) Via the Backlight admin.  Visit Publisher then navigate to the album, click on the album name then Delete Album.  This will delete entries in the database and the album files on disk.

3) Directly via the phpLiteAdmin.  That's available under Special Links on the main Backlight admin page.  The password for the phpLiteAdmin page is 'admin' (it's only there to stop users hurting themselves - that page is only available if you are already logged in as the Backlight admin).  This is a bit tricky though, as there is no cascading delete.  You'll want to take note of the album IDs you're deleting, then check the photos that are linked to the album, then also the photo_metadata, photo_rendition and photo_keyword entries linked to the photo.

If you do go into phpLiteAdmin, either to look or make changes, then let me know if you encounter any errors.  There are sometimes incompatibilities that creep in with the latest version of PHP, which I fix as I find them.  It's safest to backup the respective master.sq3 or orders.mp3 (for Cart) files before making changes in phpLiteAdmin.

Board footer