Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-11 12:01:43

rsamco
Website

Removing end-of-gallery marker image behavior from pre-BL galleries

I have some galleries originally published ages ago by old TTG versions (e.g., CE-2) that still scroll past the gallery's last image and then show a ">|" icon to denote the end of the gallery. On the other hand, scrolling to the end of a BL2-published gallery just displays the last image, without a right arrow. I can't figure out how to convert my old galleries to the new behavior. Marking and totally republishing doesn't work. Replacing the gallery's .htaccess, index.php, lib.php, & single.php files with BL2 versions doesn't do it. Is there a way other than laboriously creating new galleries and hand copying over gallery metadata & images? TIA

Rick

#2 2020-04-11 12:25:05

rod barbee
Website

Re: Removing end-of-gallery marker image behavior from pre-BL galleries

Sadly, from CE2 to Backlight you’re going to have to republish, there is no converting.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2020-04-13 01:03:20

rsamco
Website

Thanks, Rod ... but I wasn't clear in my original post -- Some of my galleries were CE2, CE3, ... originally, but as new TTG versions were released they were migrated forwarded to the newest version. So, now all my galleries are BL2 versions. However, my oldest galleries now exhibit different behavior in BL2 than newer published ones. That is, what happens when you attempt to travel past the gallery's last image! Older galleries (originally published pre-2018) show a right-arrow on the last image and it takes you to a ">|" icon-page; newer gallery (originally published post-2017) images have no right-arrow and you can't go past the last image.

Old gallery example: http://rick.samcos.com/galleries/t-2003/a-Dog-Mountain/
New gallery example: http://rick.samcos.com/galleries/e-2018 … Favorites/

Again, my whole tree of galleries is totally BL2.

I can't find anything in the gallery metadata or file configurations that explains/causes this behavioral difference. I have inspected the metadata through Lightroom and directly thru BL2's publisher on the server. And, like I said in my original post, republishing the older galleries does not fix. Nor does replacing an older galleries' .htaccess, index.php, lib.php, & single.php files with ones from a newer BL2 gallery. And the gallery.xml files are identical except for the gallery's embedded ID.

So, for the life of me, I can't figure out where this difference in behavior is coming from, and therefore how to fix!

Last edited by rsamco (2020-04-13 01:10:16)

Rick

#4 2020-04-13 01:34:08

rod barbee
Website

I believe that feature should only appear in paginated albums. I don't think it should even be there in first album you linked to. I believe the second album is working as expected.

Have you tried clearing browser cache and updating album files from the links in the backlight Dashboard?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2020-04-14 00:28:30

rsamco
Website

Rod, all my pre-2018 albums (I.e., the ones exhibiting the "pagination" behavior) have been marked-for-republish & republished numerous times, browser caches cleared numerous times (& your browser apparently exhibited the behavior), and server's ttg files/modules are always kept up to date & currently show that no updates are needed, and I've run the ttg server-side "update album files" yet again right now. "Pagination" behavior still there. Your pagination observation got me thinking... looked at "# items per page" setting in those albums -- it is set to <blank>. If I set to "100"(my default value), the "pagination" behavior is fixed! Now I just need to manually set that value for a hundred or more albums sad And each is not trivial since you can't just type in "100" but instead must slowly scroll down the drop-down-list to "100".  uggggggggggggggh!!!!!!!

Apparently, a <blank> value results in an unlimited "# items per page" with pagination behavior at the end. I'm guessing that a TTG release at the end-of-2017/beginning-of-2018 cleared any value in existing albums (all my albums have always been set to "100").

Last edited by rsamco (2020-04-14 00:32:59)

Rick

#6 2020-04-14 02:34:15

rsamco
Website

OK, more discovery ... setting an album's "# items per page" to "all in one page" results in a <blank> value thereafter shown AND that album then displays the "pagination" behavior after last image displayed (i.e., ">|" icon page shown when you scroll past album's last image)! Seems like a bug to me.

So, currently you have to set an album's "# items per page" > then its # of images in order to avoid pagination last page.

Rick

#7 2020-04-14 09:41:23

Ben

Hi Rick, the next page button on 'all photos' is a bug.  We're working on a fix.

#8 2020-04-14 19:46:00

Ben

Hi Rick, we've just released a fix for this.  Please visit Backlight Modules and upgrade Pangolin Album to version 2.0.13.

#9 2020-04-16 10:30:44

rsamco
Website

Great...will do...thanks!

Rick

#10 2020-05-05 17:58:11

richardd

Hi,
I have upgraded to the 2.0.13 version of Pangolin Album but this does not solve the problem.  The "|<" icon is still displayed after the last picture.
See an example in : https://www.richarddreze.be/b2/gallerie … olignee_2/

By the way, it would be interesting to have an option allowing to move from the last picture of a page to the first picture of the next page instead of looping in the current page.

Thank you.

#11 2020-05-05 22:14:13

rod barbee
Website

your album is working as expected.
the Step Forward icon is taking you to the next page in a pagínate album. It is not being displayed after the last image on the last page.
The Step Forward icon was added because jumping to the first image of the next page was not possible.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer