Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-22 23:57:11

leonvanlier

using 2 publishers in lightroom effects pages

I created a new menuset. Now the pages as designed under pages don't work anymore. I can't see them.When i make a new page i don't see it in the browser. See www.leonvanlier.net. the search-page does work but the rest not.
I wanted to make a new menuset for private customers. the top-level directory for these customers and albums is leonvanlier.net. in addition i have the public directory galleries. Since i created this i can assign pages to either menusets and they are vissible in the browser but when i click on it i get the error that Paradox 404! You've found a page that does not exist.

#2 2020-03-23 00:15:55

rod barbee
Website

Re: using 2 publishers in lightroom effects pages

We need more info.
In Backlight Settings, under Website Settings, what is Page URL Format set to?
In your menu set, what method did you use for adding a a page to the menu. For example, did you use Link to: Page?

You current menu set has only three items and the Contact link leads to a 404. Have you created a contact page.

You write that you want a new menu set for private customers. What exactly are you trying to do?
Did you want a new top-level gallery for clients?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2020-03-23 00:34:12

leonvanlier

because it is all still in a test phase, I have set the login data to default for ttg. So you can watch. customers for whom I make photo reports  must be able to easily view their photos. I put this under the family name in the root directory leonvanlier.net. For example, look at www.leonvanlier.net/vieveen.
they don't have to type the whole address including galleries etc. Besides that I have the normal directory galleries with public photo albums.
I now have two publishers in lightroom. One for the gallery and one for the family photos in the leonvanlier.net directory.
So since I made it this way, the menu structure no longer works. I can make pages. They also appear nicely on the pages but when I click on them I get the error message

#4 2020-03-23 01:05:37

rod barbee
Website

the default ttg login credentials don't work for this site: https://www.leonvanlier.net/

I see that on your main site https://www.leonvanlier.net/ that the links to the Contact About pages don't work.

But on this page: https://www.leonvanlier.net/vieveen/ all the links work. That is also a CE4 gallery and won't have any affect on your Backlight site.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do. Did you want to add a link for clients to the main site's menu? Do you want drop-down menu items that lead to the client pages?

Note that since your client galleries are CE4 galleries, you won't be able to automatically add them to a menu set like you can with Backlight albums. You would have to manually create the menu structure leading to those galleries.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2020-03-23 01:24:50

leonvanlier

Sorry the top-level gallery is vieveen1 and not vieveen. Vieveen was created in CE4 indeed. Those were created in the ce4 plugin in lightroom but you can forget these.
Wat i want and try to do is make menu-items that work. Now on the galleries-page and the "client"page vieveen1 on www.leonvanlier.net no menu's work.
So when yout look at the homepage leonvanlier.net you see galleries and search (that links works well) and you see contact and about. they don't work though i created them. The same on the page www.leonvanlier.net/vieveen1
I want to make its this way because is have business cards and kinds of other things where the internetadres is filled in already. I hope it is possible this way.

#6 2020-03-23 01:53:47

rod barbee
Website

Ok. I see.

You shouldn't be using your main site folder as a top-level gallery folder. That can really mess things up. Instead, make one called "clients" and put all your client albums inside of that:
leonvanlier.net/clients/vieveen1

You can create top-level galleries a couple of ways. One is to create a new Publisher instance and in the top-level gallery field, enter:

https://www.leonvanlier.net/clients

As soon as you publish an album, the album set that will contain all your client albums will be created.
Another way to create a top-level gallery is in Backlight.
Go to Publisher and click on "Create new top-level gallery".  In Lightroom, aim Publisher at the folder that is created.

Sorry, but the way you were doing things before won't work in Backlight. You'll just need to inform your clients of the URL changes. Just send them to the Clients page and they can access their albums from there.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2020-03-23 04:04:38

leonvanlier

thanks

Board footer