Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-13 11:33:19

JimR
Website

Clickable elements too close together

Interesting. This can effect page rank.

I haven't changed any of this, but today Google is complaining. I suspect others will start seeing this as well.

I'll look at the CSS and see if I can make adjustments.

TTG should look into making the defaults according to Google's requirements.

Clickable elements too close together

This report shows the URLs for sites where touch elements, such as buttons and navigational links, are so close to each other that a mobile user cannot easily tap a desired element with their finger without also tapping a neighboring element. To fix these errors, make sure to correctly size and space buttons and navigational links to be suitable for your mobile visitors. Read more in Size Tap Targets Appropriately.

Last edited by JimR (2019-12-13 11:34:24)

--Jim

#2 2019-12-16 06:51:33

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Clickable elements too close together

I've already spent a ton of time on exactly this at the time the various modules were originally designed, and passed all usability checks. If they've changed their guidelines, then it would be helpful to know exactly which areas of the layout it's complaining about, which tools you're using to evaluate the page.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2019-12-17 04:41:43

JimR
Website

Argh - after looking in to this and not finding what should change, I tried "verify fix" in Google's Search Console. After reporting an error, and not making any changes, now Google is saying there's no problem.

I can only guess it's some spurious problem that wasn't really a problem. I hate computers.

--Jim

#4 2019-12-17 11:48:22

tgalex
Website

I ran into the same problem a few months ago - I could not find anything wrong and after waiting a day I hit the verify fix and Google found no further issue.  This has happened a couple of times and it seems to go away without my help so I’m happy!

#5 2020-01-09 10:00:42

Matthew
Administrator
Website

False alerts are a pain, but I am glad Google is still reporting that our guidelines are in good standing.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer