Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-23 07:51:51

jwlimages

Photo Display order for inline gallery

Hi again,

I solved most of the issues with Vegas Slideshow presentations that I had earlier (thanks Rod!). Now have a couple questions just about tweaking the slideshows.

The shows are inline on pages used to separate my content into broad areas - art, commerce, etc. Sizing is OK, but I can't figure out how to control the order of display, or even which image loads first. There are controls both in TTG Publisher and the Lightroom Publisher module (my galleries are built with the latter), with settings for determining which image is displayed first. I changed this from "Random" to spec a particular image, but no effect, first image is still random (these are small galleries, only 6-8 images, BTW).

Have also looked at display order - controls suggest options to display by filename or creation date, "managed by Lightroom" or "Custom". But the order of display seems random, whichever of the last two options I select. What is meant by "Custom" here, anyway? I thought it might be analogous to custom order in the LR collection that is being published - no? And again, the "managed by Lightroom" option doesn't reflect how they are ordered in the LR Publish album.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,

John
www.jwlimages.com

#2 2019-07-23 07:56:11

rod barbee
Website

Re: Photo Display order for inline gallery

after you made any changes to order, whether the display order (date, filename, etc) or by dragging and dropping images in Lightroom, did you try republishing?
Set Publisher to Publish Metadata only. Select one image that you've moved, right-click and mark for republish. Then republish.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-07-23 08:10:43

jwlimages

Hi Rod,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, first tried clearing template cache, have republished several times. Still no joy. What's even more weird is that I made a cropping change on one image and that crop does not show up either. ???

Next I will quit the browser (Safari) & try again.

John

#4 2019-07-23 08:31:17

rod barbee
Website

check the template settings under Presentation to make sure that Shuffle Images is turned off

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2019-07-23 08:32:20

jwlimages

No difference after rebooting browser, clearing template cache again (Chrome also shows same result). Initial image still apparently random, so is display order. This despite settings in LR Publish gallery calling for a particular image to lead, order of rest to be "managed by Lightroom".

That little cropping change also does not show up, despite republishing. I do have the "Push metadata..." checked, will try unchecking & republishing to see if that brings the crop along...

Otherwise I don't know what to think...

John

#6 2019-07-23 08:34:06

rod barbee
Website

see my other response just above on image order.
If you make any cropping changes, are you republishing the images, and not just the metadata?

I just ran a test on one of my Vegas inline galleries. Moving images and republishing metadata changes the order of the show. Cropping an image and republishing the image changes the crop of the image in the slide show

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2019-07-23 08:38:29

jwlimages

OK, after a republish, the cropped image looks as it should. First image & order of the rest is still apparently random, though.

In the list of choices for display order, what does "Custom" mean, and how is it different from "managed by Lightroom"?

Thanks,

John

#8 2019-07-23 08:39:32

rod barbee
Website

Did you check the Shuffle Images setting in the album template?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2019-07-23 08:46:08

rod barbee
Website

jwlimages wrote:

In the list of choices for display order, what does "Custom" mean, and how is it different from "managed by Lightroom"?

Thanks,

John

I'm not sure. Just by experimenting, it seems that Custom and Managed by Lightroom do pretty much the same thing. Whatever order you manually place the images in is used.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2019-07-23 09:00:27

jwlimages

Hi Rod,

Yes, in the album's template Shuffle Images was checked. I unchecked it and cleared template cache again - success!

Now I can move on to trying to get my head around how to display panoramas  :-)

Thanks so much!

#11 2019-07-23 09:10:09

rod barbee
Website

The new Panorama Presentation is pretty easy. Just make sure the image renditions are big enough to accommodate  the height of the presentation you set.
It's not like early versions of a panorama presentation where we needed two images, a place holder and the pano. Just the pano is needed.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#12 2019-07-23 09:34:23

jwlimages

OK, sounds good. I'll start in on it tonite.

Again, Thanks!

John

Board footer