Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-03 22:26:38

djrounds

Metadata tokens update problem

I'm having problems with changes to Caption strings using metadata tokens updating.  This seems to be happening in the album Photo Display Caption text and in the Client Response Add-on dialog of some albums.

I currently have 95 albums with around 8000 annotated images.  Most are displaying the captions correctly using the {Caption} token.  Most don't have the client response add-on enabled.   In several albums, when I change a strings using metadata tokens the change don't get updated.   I'm making my edits in Design Template -> Album Setting -> Photo Display -> Captions -> Tokens.  In this same template I can make changes to the Caption -> text-align control and this updates immediately.  I also have the same issue with Design Template -> Album Setting -> Add-ons->Client Response Features, Metadata 01 Tokens

I've tried republishing these albums from LR and deleting the photos from the album, re-adding and then publishing.  I've also tried some of the dashboard options but I'm being careful because I'd like to avoid uploading 1000's of images.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  For many, many images this is working and I've even used this string with the embedded tokens in the past and believe I understand the design process that should work.

#2 2019-07-03 22:53:32

rod barbee
Website

Re: Metadata tokens update problem

After making any metadata content changes (tokens, changes to metadata), the image metadata must be republished.

It sounds like you've been doing that (you can avoid uploading the images themselves by checking the "Push metadata without updating existing photos" checkbox in Publisher settings)

Have you tried clearing browser cache as well as template cache?

If that doesn't do it, can you post the token string you're using?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-07-04 20:43:50

djrounds

rod barbee wrote:

After making any metadata content changes (tokens, changes to metadata), the image metadata must be republished.

It sounds like you've been doing that (you can avoid uploading the images themselves by checking the "Push metadata without updating existing photos" checkbox in Publisher settings)

Have you tried clearing browser cache as well as template cache?

If that doesn't do it, can you post the token string you're using?

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the help.

I've gone back and made sure that I've tried all these things.

This is a private album and the string I'm using in  Design Template -> Album Setting -> Photo Display -> Captions -> Tokens is

Caption:  {Caption}   Keywords:  {Keywords}

The thing is I used this is string in about 16,000 other images served on this site.  Perhaps I'm running up against a size limitation of the embedded database or the programming interface?

In Design Template -> Album Setting -> Add-ons->Client Response Features, Metadata 01 Title I've successfully set this to the string Title  Yet when I add {Title} to the Design Template -> Album Setting -> Add-ons->Client Response Features, Metadata 01 Tokens field the popup dilogue continues to display what appears to be shutter speed "at" f-stop from the selected image.

Not sure where to go from here.

#4 2019-07-04 23:36:39

rod barbee
Website

I’m unaware of any limits. Ben will need to answer that one.
He’ll probably need to see an album and may need Backlight Admin and FTP access.

Are Backlight and all modules up to date?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer