Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-15 02:17:43

LifeIsABeach

"Update Feedback" function problem

When I am in "Feedback > View Response" and then click "Update Feedback", the client indicated for that Feedback response is not in synchronization with the client who made the response -- shows a different existing client. Same issue with other Feedback replies. In other cases, when I click "Update Feedback", there is no client info  in the "Update Feedback" screen, however the client is in the Clients list.

I did clear the template cache.

Question: What does "Update Feedback" do?

Is there a fix?

If you want more info, just let me know.

FWIW, I continue to be challenged with finding specifics, this time on "Update Feedback", in the documentation. If it's there's, can't you point me in the right direction? Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.

Many thanks for your assist.

Perry J

#2 2019-06-19 01:43:28

LifeIsABeach

Re: "Update Feedback" function problem

Still need help with this. Should I re-post the question or send it directly to support?

Thanks!

#3 2019-06-19 02:05:37

rod barbee
Website

Update Feedback allows you to change the status from "Closed" to "Open" (or Open to Close). You can use it to re-open feedback for a client who wishes to add more.

Are you using the latest versions of Backlight and Client Response?

I can't reproduce the problem and don't recall it showing up in the forum in the past. Can you post screen shots of the issue?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2019-06-25 19:53:31

Ben

Hi Perry, I've found the problem and fixed it on your site.  The client info for editing clients was being drawn from the old clients table from the Client Response database.  This needed updating to instead draw the client details from the clients table of the Admin database. 
The location changed with the upgrade from BL1 to BL2, but this query had been missed.

I'll release an update to CR to address this in coming days.

Board footer