Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-31 10:15:50

Evagoras
Website

Expanding Mobile Menu

Is there any way we can have the menu bar (when on mobiles) which have dependents expand rather than show all of them with '>' beside them? just like in the menu bar (on desktop)?

#2 2019-06-01 07:21:54

rod barbee
Website

Re: Expanding Mobile Menu

this is not possible as is and I don't know what customization might be needed to override the default behavior (or if it's even possible).
I'm guessing the reason is because if one had a deep gallery structure, expanding menus would soon overwhelm mobile devices.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-06-01 07:54:11

Evagoras
Website

I think it’s something that really should be considered. Having all the dependants visible on mobile menu looks confusing and honestly quite ugly.

If implemented It should be mandatory that the main peer to the dependants should ‘do nothing’ (no link) and just expand the dependants. And if a another item (with dependants) is clicked the previous one disappears and expands the newly clicked one.

Rather than have all dependants all open all the time as it currently is... it just looks too odd

Or at least give us the option whether we have it or not like you have with everything else

Last edited by Evagoras (2019-06-01 07:55:04)

#4 2019-06-01 08:09:04

Daniel Leu
Website

Evagoras wrote:

I think it’s something that really should be considered. Having all the dependants visible on mobile menu looks confusing and honestly quite ugly.

If implemented It should be mandatory that the main peer to the dependants should ‘do nothing’ (no link) and just expand the dependants. And if a another item (with dependants) is clicked the previous one disappears and expands the newly clicked one.

Rather than have all dependants all open all the time as it currently is... it just looks too odd

Or at least give us the option whether we have it or not like you have with everything else

With phplugins, javascript and some custom css, the look of your mobile menu can be modified. I did this a while ago for my site. You might find some insipration in this thread as well http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … hp?id=9609.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#5 2019-06-01 08:28:46

rod barbee
Website

And I have a post, based on what Daniel did, that's on controlling which mobile menu items show their sub-menu items:
https://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto … bile-menu/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#6 2019-06-01 09:16:47

Daniel Leu
Website

rod barbee wrote:

And I have a post, based on what Daniel did, that's on controlling which mobile menu items show their sub-menu items:
https://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto … bile-menu/

smile

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

Board footer