Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-21 05:23:20

4thdesign

ERROR - Backlight not working now

Ok,

So today when I got home from work and checked my website, it wasnt working it was just saying ERROR in the top left of the page, nothing else.

I contacted my server team, and they have looked into it and resolved the problem with the website by this:

"We have enabled the PHP-FPM for your domain "

This worked, however,...... looking deeper into my website, i have noticed that backlight no longer works, and I am unable to login to the admin side of backlight to take a look at resolving it.

When clicking on "Download prints" it throws up this error:
count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in SimpleHTMLTag.php on line 44

This is the link to my website, in particular the backlight side of things: - https://my-photography.co.uk/prints/

Can anyone help me with this as I am stumped on what to do now. sad

#2 2019-02-21 05:36:27

rod barbee
Website

Re: ERROR - Backlight not working now

Chance are is that this is something Ben will need to look into. You can save some time by sending him an email and including Backlight Admin and FTP credentials along with a link to this post.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-02-21 06:05:11

4thdesign

rod barbee wrote:

Chance are is that this is something Ben will need to look into. You can save some time by sending him an email and including Backlight Admin and FTP credentials along with a link to this post.

Rod, thank you.

I have emailed Ben with some admin details, even though I cant access the admin, he may well know a different way!!

If possible, could you let him know that he should expect an email from an email address with my-photography.co.uk in it so it doesnt go amiss.

Would be great to get this resolved as soon as possible, otherwise Backlight is going to have to be deleted and I will have to find another solution if possible, dont really want to do that, as its such a great system smile

#4 2019-02-21 07:58:41

rod barbee
Website

Give Ben some time, he's on the other side of the world. smile

As long as your hosting complies with the TTG requirements, it should work just fine.

What happens when you try to log in to Backlight?

I just Googled PHP-FPM and it's got something to do with Fast CGI. In the Backlight Advanced Settings section in the album .htaccess file section there are some instructions on changing the file to be compatible with Fast CGI.
Of course, you'll need to access Backlight first.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2019-02-21 08:26:47

Ben

This should have been addressed in a Backlight upgrade.  Can you update your site to the latest version?

#6 2019-02-22 03:11:44

4thdesign

Ben wrote:

This should have been addressed in a Backlight upgrade.  Can you update your site to the latest version?

Thanks Ben, but I didnt receive an email to let me know there was an update. Not sure how I go about getting the update files on the site?

Can someone help me with this please?

#7 2019-02-22 03:15:23

rod barbee
Website

You can get the latest version of your purchased software from the link on the Support page: http://theturninggate.net/support/

If you have any old emails with links to your purchase, you can use those links as well

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2019-02-22 03:20:43

4thdesign

rod barbee wrote:

You can get the latest version of your purchased software from the link on the Support page: http://theturninggate.net/support/

If you have any old emails with links to your purchase, you can use those links as well

Thanks Rod, I just found that page and I have redownloaded the files, but what I actually need are the latest updates to these.

I have theatres, backlight, and cart modules.... Is there any way of finding these updated files on the website somewhere? I have looked and cant find them. I know emails were sent with links to updates in the past, but its clear I have missed the latest updates. I know my email address is working, but not sure why I was missed off the list and is there anyway I can be resent the emails with the latest updates please?

Thanks smile

#9 2019-02-22 03:29:22

rod barbee
Website

whatever you downloaded should be the latest versions.

If you purchased Theater and cart with a different email address, you'll need to use that address and your order number.
If you can't find those, you'll need to contact Matt using the contact form on the Support page.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2019-02-22 03:33:04

4thdesign

I have downloaded the 3 files that I have purchased, but what I dont want to do is completely reinstall the whole site.

If you can give me a list of files from each module (theatre, cart and backlight+pages) to allow me to update for me to then move across via FTP, that would be very useful.

Sorry to keep asking, but I really do not want to reinstall the whole thing sad

#11 2019-02-22 03:42:18

4thdesign

By the way, heres another thought as to why I havent received any emails..... my backlight is most likely up to date!!

I did email BEN with the login details as you suggested Rod, in the hope that he could take a look and see whats going on.
I'm pretty sure my backlight is up to date.........

Hopefully you guys can help with this.

#12 2019-02-22 04:18:17

rod barbee
Website

The last Backlight 1 update was 1.2.3

You're still on Backlight 1 and I haven't updated that in a long time. Take a look at the Changelogs or the readme.txt files to see what needs to be updated.
http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … changelogs

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#13 2019-02-22 04:22:58

4thdesign

How do you know I am still on backlight 1?

I am certain I have updated several times since this release, so how can you tell I am on backlight 1?

Only reason I am asking is that perhaps my hosting provider has inadvertently done something that I am not aware of, if this is the case, then I need to get on their backs and start asking questions!! sad

#14 2019-02-22 04:37:35

4thdesign

Ok.... I have now updated to the latest version......

All seems to be working now, and thank you ROD, for helping me in giving guidance. I am still confused as to why the site wasnt updated to the latest version, but perhaps some files were lost when my hosting provider had a poke around.

Really appreciate your help in solving this. Thank you again. smile
Brilliant stuff

#15 2019-02-22 04:44:05

rod barbee
Website

4thdesign wrote:

I am certain I have updated several times since this release, so how can you tell I am on backlight 1?

Only reason I am asking is that perhaps my hosting provider has inadvertently done something that I am not aware of, if this is the case, then I need to get on their backs and start asking questions!! sad

One guess is that you're posting in the Backlight forum rather than the Backlight 2 forum wink

The other clue is that by looking at the page source code I see the style sheets are coming from "okapi-core", which is part of Backlight 1 (I think it is still be used in Backlight 2, but since your were posting in the Backlight forum, I made an assumption)

And the one that nailed it is when I tried accessing your Backlight login page to see where you had Backlight installed. It's using the Backlight 1 login screen.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#16 2019-02-22 04:51:59

4thdesign

rod barbee wrote:
4thdesign wrote:

One guess is that you're posting in the Backlight forum rather than the Backlight 2 forum wink

The other clue is that by looking at the page source code I see the style sheets are coming from "okapi-core", which is part of Backlight 1 (I think it is still be used in Backlight 2, but since your were posting in the Backlight forum, I made an assumption)

And the one that nailed it is when I tried accessing your Backlight login page to see where you had Backlight installed. It's using the Backlight 1 login screen.

Sorry Rod, slight confusion perhaps on my part, I thought you were talking about version numbers!!

See post above, its all resolved now due to just updating backlight to the latest version, ..... its explained above! smile

Board footer