Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-14 03:45:09

mad
Website

Maybe another bug found with Access Code field between LR & backlight

Hi, I think I found another bug.  I was testing client access with a protected album set it showed the access code to enter/login; I then entered the access code it just cleared the field and did not allow me in.  I did this with multiple browsers it had the same effect.  I then went into backlight and reentered the access code on the Album set [under publisher] and then went back to the browser and it allowed me in this time.  I finally figured out that if I changed anything or just did an edit with no changes in LR on the Album Set then I could not login with the access code on the browser.  It appears to remove the access code and the only way to fix it was to go back into backlight and reset the access code pwd.

It took me awhile to figure out the steps I was doing but just the simple act of touching the album sets in LR clears the access and has to be reset in Backlight to proceed.

#2 2019-02-14 06:48:16

rod barbee
Website

Re: Maybe another bug found with Access Code field between LR & backlight

I'm unable to reproduce this. Are you using the latest updates of Backlight and the Publisher plug-in (Publisher plug-in 4.0.6)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-02-14 23:14:34

mad
Website

Yes I am and I can reproduce it at any time now since I know the exact steps.  It is pretty hard to reproduce but I am sure it is there since I can reproduce it on my two subdomains and the primary domain.

#4 2019-02-14 23:39:41

rod barbee
Website

can you outline the exact steps you've taken?
What kind of albums are in the set? (this shouldn't matter, but in the interest of being thorough...)

I've tried this on different sites and from Lightroom on different computers. Whenever I change the access code of a protected album set, it's changed on the site and it works.
The only time the field is cleared and I'm not allowed access is if I enter the wrong code.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2019-02-15 00:21:47

mad
Website

I will do more testing on this if you cannot reproduce it; maybe, I did something wrong during my setup and testing - but not likely since one of my subdomains was a complete new install. Anyway, I will figure it out as usual. So you can drop this item; since I know what to avoid and have a work around for it already. Thanks anyway for checking.

#6 2019-02-15 00:50:50

rod barbee
Website

Just because I can’t reproduce the problem doesn’t mean there isn’t a problem. It could be an issue with Lightroom communicating with your host. So it could be a host specific problem.
If you want, I could try it from my end. That could narrow down the places Ben would have to look at.
Feel free to email an API url and key and I’ll try creating a protected album set on your site.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer