Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-04 00:30:27

Chris Kewish

Website being blocked and creating a secure website

I would like to bring to your attention that in the past 24 hours my web hosting company has blocked my IP address and not allowed me from accessing my website or any of the Backlight created web pages on my site www.kewphoto.com. The block lasts for a few hours but has been repeated after I have uploaded a large amount of photos for a client to access.

I create Client Select web pages for each client to select photos from their wedding. Each Client Select link can have between 1 to 3 pages with 500 photos per page allowing me to host from 1200 to 1800 photos. These are uploaded in one go direct from the plugin in Lightroom. Sometimes the upload stops and I have to re-establish the connection.

When I chatted to my web host they said "We've detected a large number of HTTP GET requests being sent in a short time period, which looks like an attempted denial of service attack."

Any tips to stop this from happening again?

My there question is I notice in the web browser that the website is not secure. My web host has suggested several times that I need to secure my site but I am not sure how to do this. Any tips to secure these client select web pages?

#2 2018-10-04 00:53:37

rod barbee
Website

Re: Website being blocked and creating a secure website

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-10-04 01:26:48

Chris Kewish

Had a look at the link you suggested. Not being code literate it really does not make much sense to me. Is is something I can correct within my Backlight access?

#4 2018-10-04 01:30:06

Chris Kewish

Oops, now I have just been blocked again from accessing any of my links in Backlight at my kewphoto.com address! What would you suggest as a limit of photos to use for a group of pages for one client selection project?

#5 2018-10-04 01:35:43

rod barbee
Website

There is a setting in the Lightroom Publisher that will set the number of photos to upload so that it uploads in batches. You can experiment with that number.
Also, it might help contacting your host to see if the can do anything.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2018-10-04 03:51:28

Chris Kewish

Thanks for the tip.

I have managed to upload all 2029 photos split over 5 pages but now the web page stills gets blocked by the time I view the 2nd or 3rd page. This is also happening to other client select web pages I have created which used to work fine. Then after clearing the cache in my web browser I can not access the link at all with the web browser saying the web page is not available from my end. When I chat with the host the say they can view the page but my IP address has been blocked. It seems that now when I try to open any client select project I have created my web host is blocking me from viewing any more pages starting with my site www.kewphoto.com!
Here is just one of the links that gets blocked affecter I reach the 2nd page. http://www.kewphoto.com/galleries/18060 … sabastian/.

Do you get the same problem with this link?

#7 2018-10-04 04:44:09

rod barbee
Website

Your link goes to a client login page no problems.

Ben will need to comment about your host blocking IP addresses. He often has something you can tell them that might help in getting them to stop blocking.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2018-10-05 05:20:44

Chris Kewish

Please let me know when Ben can pass me some comments regarding my host blocking my IP address, thanks

#9 2018-10-05 05:42:32

rod barbee
Website

just subscribe to this topic. I know Ben is traveling on vacation, so give him a bit of time to check in.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer