Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-28 21:28:12

SunFoxNC

Goofy Lightroom error since updating to Backlight 2...

I've noticed a new Lightroom error message that is popping up if I'm doing a lot of fiddling with albums/album sets with the Backlight 2 version of Publisher:

"Lightroom has encountered a problem with its menus.  Some menu commands will not work until Lightroom has been restarted."

I'm using Lightroom Classic CC 7.5 on Windows 10 and it definitely started with the new version of Publisher.  I've not found a consistent cause for the error other than doing a lot of Publisher operations and doing the restart does fix things until the error decides to rear its ugly head again.

#2 2018-09-29 11:14:59

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Goofy Lightroom error since updating to Backlight 2...

The Publisher plugin has changed very little, and we've not seen these problems locally. Please ensure you are using the most current version of the Publisher, downloaded from Backlight's Admin => Backlight Modules page. If problems persist, then you may need to reset Lightroom's preferences (unfortunately, a fairly standard troubleshooting step with Lr).

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2018-09-29 13:09:51

SunFoxNC

Matthew wrote:

The Publisher plugin has changed very little, and we've not seen these problems locally. Please ensure you are using the most current version of the Publisher, downloaded from Backlight's Admin => Backlight Modules page. If problems persist, then you may need to reset Lightroom's preferences (unfortunately, a fairly standard troubleshooting step with Lr).

I suspect it might be something I've been triggering by what I was doing with a lot of mouse clicks.

I was effectively "transplanting" collections from a CE4 Publisher instance for a subdomain that no longer existed to a Publisher instance pointing to the Backlight 2-managed collections on a different domain.  As I'd edit an old album set to see which custom thumbnail I'd used (and then get the warning that it couldn't connect to the defunct CE4 instance) and then do some other clicking about the old CE4 collections to select photos to move about on disk...that's when I'd notice Lightroom getting unhappy more often than not.

As I retire these old CE4 Publisher instances in favour of the Backlight ones and stop trying to be Lewis Hamilton and driving Lightroom right to the limits, these problems will likely go away.  smile

#4 2018-09-30 00:31:06

Ben

That sounds like a quirk of Lightroom rather than anything wrong with our plugin.

Board footer