Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-04 04:35:49

HerbNestler

Problems moving site to a different domain

I have been using CE4 as long as I can remember to build my photo web site www.photo-nest.com. I just did some hosting reorganization and have moved it from its own domain to a subdomain of another site I own. I set up and redirection and immediately had the problem that the body text on none of the pages would load. I saw that its default was to use PHP 7.0. I kicked it back to 5.6 and now all the pages except Contact load. But furthermore the gallery index page is messed up. The icon images don't show and the links to the individual galleries don't work. I see on the browser that the links try to take me to https://www.photo-nest.com/photo-nest.com/(gallery).php. Yes, somehow it is inserting the top level of the domain twice.

I assume that the problem is not with what TTG is producing since that hasn't changed. In fact if I enter the direct address to a gallery in the browser it works fine.

So I am guessing it must have something to do with the configuration of the web host. Unfortunately the hosting company was of no help when I called them.

I wonder if anyone has seen these kinds of behaviors or has any ideas what I should check.

Thanks so much.
Herb

#2 2018-04-04 05:01:21

rod barbee
Website

Re: Problems moving site to a different domain

Check what you've entered for Site Root in Site Info. It should be the complete url to the subdomain site
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … page_setup

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-04-06 16:29:47

HerbNestler

Thanks for your suggestion Rob. I tried every possible variation for Site Root and got no success.

I also tried to use the "message the authors" dialog but when I hit send all I got was an endless spinner. Is that service broken?
Herb

#4 2018-04-06 17:32:03

HerbNestler

Maybe this will shed some light. When I select a gallery from the gallery index, the error message I get is that the browser cannot find this page: https://www.photo-nest.com/photo-nest/g … portraits/. Obviously the second "photo-nest" doesn't belong. But the site navigation correctly moves between the home, gallery index and about pages. The navigation problems occur when trying to go to Contacts or from the Gallery Index to individual galleries.
Herb

#5 2018-04-06 21:20:33

rod barbee
Website

Are using Publisher?
Have you changed the Site Root for all your exports/templates?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2018-04-07 19:22:57

HerbNestler

No, I don't even have Publisher installed.
I am using the same site root for Pages and for the galleries
Herb

#7 2018-04-07 22:42:59

rod barbee
Website

Can you clarify your setup?
Is photo-nest.com now in a sub domain?
Is the photo-nest.com url being redirected to a sub domain?

If so, have you made any changes to .htaccess?

If I remember, redirects have caused problems for other users. You might try a forum search.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2018-04-22 21:48:16

HerbNestler

Rod, just wanted you to know that I am on the way to solving my problem. Your advice was helpful. But in the end, Matt had me communicate with Ben who had to hack a Fragments file to get th galleries to display. And he has advised me to contact my provider about an ownership of another file. Thank you for your support. Herb

Board footer