Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-03 22:56:46

davidmknoble

Album Set html different from Albums

I am in the beginning stages of creating backlight with pages.  I have created an album set (Documentary Work) and an Album inside that set (Matanuska Glacier).  I used the page text to replace the template text and both have the following type of text input:

<h2>name of album or set</h2>The description of the album or set.

For the Albums, I get a double space from the h2 heading until the description starts (a blank line in between).  For the Album set, the blank line is gone and there is only a single space.  I did not use the <br> tag in-between the closing tag for the heading.  I verified from view source of the live web page the introductions are the same...

My website is:  http://www.davidknoble.life.  Then, Galleries, Documentary Work (single space), Matanuska Glacier (double space).

any ideas, or am I missing a setting?

Additional Info:
Backlight up to date, first install, February 20ish, 2018.
Safari 11.03
Mac OSx Sierra (not high sierra)

Last edited by davidmknoble (2018-03-03 23:01:41)

#2 2018-03-04 00:34:02

rod barbee
Website

Re: Album Set html different from Albums

in the album copy, try adding space, space return after the heading

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-03-04 08:20:43

davidmknoble

Rod, thanks for the idea.  The Albums are not the problem, it is the Album Set.  And that text is in Lightroom and I do not see a way to put a return in the text box inside lightroom.  I tried using <br> tag, but then got way too much space... may just try creating a new album set and see if I can get it to work...   really really odd. 

Question for development:  is the page with the Album Set from LR the exact same as the page with just an Album?  i.e. is it the same LUA script that uploads the info...  or is there potentially a problem with a LUA script? 

Thanks!!
David.

#4 2018-03-04 08:47:32

rod barbee
Website

The Albums are not the problem, it is the Album Set.

same advice applies. The copy fields react the same in either albums or album sets.

And that text is in Lightroom and I do not see a way to put a return in the text box inside lightroom.

you can't, if you're on Windows. The way to do it is first write the Markdown text in a plain text editor then copy/paste it into the copy area in the create/edit album dialog box.

Question for development:  is the page with the Album Set from LR the exact same as the page with just an Album?  i.e. is it the same LUA script that uploads the info...  or is there potentially a problem with a LUA script?

LUA is used in metadata tokens for image metadata and is therefore only used in album templates.
http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … lua__token

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2018-03-06 10:10:47

davidmknoble

OK!  Problem solved!  Using the following text on an Album Set Page Content, Page Copy (md), will provide a heading with text directly under the heading and no blank line in between:

<h2>Test Heading</h2>This is some text.  It does not matter how much text, it is one paragraph.

However, adding a simple break at the end of the paragraph will put a blank line in between the heading and the text. 

<h2>Test Heading</h2>This is some text.  It does not matter how much text, it is one paragraph.<br>

I did not see this issue, because my other album pages all had at least two paragraphs, so I had the break somewhere in the text already.  It appears not to matter where the break tag is, just that it is somewhere in the page text.

#6 2018-03-06 12:07:11

rod barbee
Website

Did you try using only Markdown?

##Test heading. 
Paragraph text.

After ##Test heading, two spaces and return are used.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer