Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-03 11:34:41

johnblaustein
Website

Publisher LR plug-in moved by mistake!

I was doing a little reorganizing of files and folders and mistakenly moved or renamed the folder where I had put TTG-Publisher.lrplugin (Windows 10).

When I open LR, the TTG Publisher folder under Publish Services is now greyed out with a "?" and (missing plug-in).  I know where TTG-Publisher.lrplugin in now located, but I'm not sure how to "tell" LR where it is.  I'm afraid that if I use LR Publishing Manager and Add TTG-Publisher.lrplugin again, it will wipe out my current set of galleries and I will have to start all over.

Of course I had read the help file, but wasn't thinking about that today when I moved things around:

"Place TTG-Publisher.lrplugin anywhere on your system. It's location should be:
… easily accessible, to better facilitate plugin installation and updating.
… someplace the plugin can reside long-term."

Rod.... please help!

Thank you!

John

#2 2018-03-03 11:45:49

rod barbee
Website

Re: Publisher LR plug-in moved by mistake!

I always put the Publisher plug-in in the \Lightroom\Modules\ folder and it just automatically shows up in the Plug-ins manager.
Since the induvidual Publisher instances in the Publisher Services control pane are catalog specific and all the data for them is stored in the catalog, your album data is independent of the plugin. You should be able to just reinstall it and be good to go.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-03-03 11:55:11

johnblaustein
Website

Re: Publisher LR plug-in moved by mistake!

Rod,

I think I've referred to you as a "genius" before, but don't let that go to your head!

I copied the TTG-Publisher.lrplugin folder into the \Lightroom\Modules\ folder per your suggestion.  When I opened LR, there it was.  All is well.

Thank you.  Thank you.

John

Board footer