Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-18 11:24:51

peter

Contact page font

Is there a way to change the font for this form?
I would prefer to have consistent fonts throughout the web site.
Thanks!

#2 2017-11-18 12:34:45

rod barbee
Website

Re: Contact page font

is your Contact page using the same page template as the rest of your site? The fonts are controlled by the templates so if your site’s pages (and album and album set templates) use different page templates, it’s real easy to have inconsistencies.

When asking about things like this, it always helps to include a link to the site, otherwise we don't have anything to look at (or we have to scour through other posts to find a link to the site)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-11-19 05:40:30

JimR
Website

peter, I looked at your site with my browser inspector. I'm seeing that each of your pages (each one in the top navigation menu) is using a different page template. Yikes!

Here's my advice (2 cents worth).

Stick with just one page template for all of your web pages (home, about, contact, pricing, blog, etc). Those pages are basically just text with an occasional image. Let's call those "normal" web pages.

Using just one page template for "normal" pages will keep the entire site consistent, and save you a lot of work trying to keep the site consistent.

For your galleries of photo albums and albums sets, you might want a different page template. This depends on if you can design a "normal" web page template that also works for your photo albums.

My site has more pages than yours, but I only have two page templates. One for "normal" text-based pages such as home, about, and contact. I have only one other page template for photos.

Reducing the number of page templates will greatly reduce your frustration and effort to keep each page consistent. I can't really even think of a good reason to have more than one page template for "normal" text based pages. Trying to make each page look different isn't a good design.

Focus on the content first. Get all the basic stuff in place so you can get the content up. The content will help shape your design.

After you get the entire site nearly complete, if you find that you still want to change the design of one page, then and only then consider another page template. You can select the one page template and duplicate it. Make the slight change to that one template and assign it to that one page. This will save you a lot of frustration and time.

Last edited by JimR (2017-11-19 05:42:16)

--Jim

#4 2017-11-19 06:32:22

rod barbee
Website

What Jim said.
The big advantage to using just one page template comes when you want/need to make design changes.
Say you want a different base font or background color. Make the change in your one template and the entire site design changes instantly.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2017-11-19 06:36:27

peter

Thanks for the great advice.
The templates do need cleaning up, when i get time, but for now, I've fixed the offending template and the fonts are all good now!

I'll make sure I post the link next time too. I thought that the Contact 'Form' had it's own font settings, but it's obviously properly thought out and makes good sense.

#6 2017-11-19 06:49:44

peter

I kind of was doing some clean-up, and was going to delete some of the templates. But after reading your post (Jim), I went ahead and blew them all away bar one.

It was a little confusing at first, with this new program, and I am guilty of just going in guns a-blazing! But sometimes that's not a bad way to go - you learn by making a ton of mistakes... smile

Board footer