Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-13 05:23:34

Eric_H_Johnson

Error messages trying to access Backlight Admin and website itself.

A few weeks back I did the update to Backlight 123.  Via my Admin login I accessed the Admin sections of Backlight, Designer and Publish.  I got update messages from each.  I also copied the new TTG-Publisher.lrplugin to replace the previous version.  It looked like it was working.

For the last couple days I have been getting error messages from the Backlight Admin login http://erichjohnson.com/backlight/admin/?a=login and when attempting to access my website  erichjohnson.com

Today I repeated the Backlight 123 update using Transmit 4.4.13 to
first remove/delete and then upload the specified directories and files.  That didn’t make it work any better.

I get the following when I try to access my Backlight Login (http://erichjohnson.com/backlight/admin/?a=login) …..

session_start(): open(../../backlight/framework/../data/sessions/sess_soh91ltepeakjfmj9o2qn3skq6, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13)|#0 [internal function]: ErrorHandler::handleError(2, 'session_start()...', '/home/erichjoh/...', 74, Array) #1 /home/erichjoh/public_html/backlight/framework/helpers/AuthHelper.php(74): session_start() #2 /home/erichjoh/public_html/backlight/framework/init.php(123): AuthHelper::handleSession() #3 /home/erichjoh/public_html/backlight/admin/index.php(24): require_once('/home/erichjoh/...') #4 {main}|URL: /backlight/admin/index.phpUnknown: open(../../backlight/framework/../data/sessions/sess_soh91ltepeakjfmj9o2qn3skq6, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2)|Unknown|0

and I get this when I try to access erichjohnson.com   

session_start(): open(./backlight/framework/../data/sessions/sess_soh91ltepeakjfmj9o2qn3skq6, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13)|#0 [internal function]: ErrorHandler::handleError(2, 'session_start()...', '/home/erichjoh/...', 74, Array) #1 /home/erichjoh/public_html/backlight/framework/helpers/AuthHelper.php(74): session_start() #2 /home/erichjoh/public_html/backlight/framework/init.php(123): AuthHelper::handleSession() #3 /home/erichjoh/public_html/index.php(19): require_once('/home/erichjoh/...') #4 {main}|URL: /index.phpUnknown: open(./backlight/framework/../data/sessions/sess_soh91ltepeakjfmj9o2qn3skq6, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2)|Unknown|0

#2 2017-11-13 20:54:47

Ben

Re: Error messages trying to access Backlight Admin and website itself.

Hi Eric,  the error is about permissions on the backlight/data/sessions/ directory.  Had you made any changes to backlight/data/ during the update?
Can you see a directory at backlight/data/sessions/ ?  I suggest trying to change the permissions to 755 for backlight/data/ and for backlight/data/sessions, if it exists.

If that doesn't help, can you provide me with an FTP login via Email, so that I look further into this?

#3 2017-11-14 04:50:40

Eric_H_Johnson

Re: Error messages trying to access Backlight Admin and website itself.

Thanks!  I tried permissions 755 and 777, the error messages persisted.  I'll send you my FTP access information.

Board footer