Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-23 23:00:31

dchew
Website

One Gallery of 5 Will Not Publish

Running Backlight 1.2.2, but using Okapi pages not Pagnolin.

I have 5 galleries. All but one, "Trees", publish and they are all based off the same template. "Trees" has always worked until this morning when I went to update. Maybe there is a specific image that is a problem...?

This is the error. Immediately after trying this I can go to another album and update it, so I''m sure the problem is not a network connection:
backlightpublish.jpg

Dave

#2 2017-10-23 23:02:41

rod barbee
Website

Re: One Gallery of 5 Will Not Publish

Have you tried adding images one at a time? (Assuming you're trying to add images)  If there's a problem image that should help identify it

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-10-23 23:25:48

dchew
Website

Thanks for the reply Rod.

All of the images have been previously published and (7) were targeted for re-publish. I just tried deleting all seven of those from the collection and that worked!

I will add them back one at a time to see where the problem is.

Dave

#4 2017-10-23 23:37:06

dchew
Website

Found it. Big image but not as big as some others. I opened it in PS, saved a new copy and that one published fine.

Thank you for your help.

Dave

#5 2017-10-24 04:35:26

Ben

Hi Dave,  who are you hosting with?  We occasionally come across cases where a particular image will trip up the server, most likely because some aspect of the image causes the host to wrongly detect a security threat.  In cases like that, editing the image in Developer in any way (e.g. changing a slighter by an amount that makes no perceptible difference) will alter the image enough to bypass the problem.

#6 2019-12-29 02:24:31

dchew
Website

Hi Ben,
Been two years and I just saw your question. Interesting because I had this problem again, but not exactly the same situation. My Vegas homepage slideshow hung up on a specific image. I republished but no improvement. Then I went to develop, moved a slider a bit and republished again; that worked.

I am hosted with godaddy. I know, not the best but I've been too lazy to switch everything, especially now with the https certificate and all the other sunk time into the current setup.

Dave

#7 2019-12-29 07:41:26

Ben

Hi Dave, GoDaddy's security mechanisms will be the issue here.  There's not much that can be done.  Some (of many) users have had success by hounding GoDaddy's support, but I'd say any efforts to get them to make changes to fix this will be futile.

Board footer