Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-18 02:32:02

drunarayan

Forgot my admin password to the Backlight localhost install

I forgot  my admin password to the Backlight localhost install.  How can I reset it?

#2 2017-03-18 03:17:43

Daniel Leu
Website

Re: Forgot my admin password to the Backlight localhost install

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#3 2017-10-19 13:24:39

jc2k

New account, more passwords, late night = i cant remember what the account name or password is...

• Tried the retrieval method, but unable to find a file called "password" on my ftp server. My ISP tech had a doozy of a time figuring out how get the .htaccess file to play ball with their servers. But I digress.

• Tried the deletion method/url, then I even cleared the cache, history and relaunched chrome, then tried the default admin / ttg8888 but I'm still locked out...

Thanks in advance!

#4 2017-10-19 14:22:22

Ben

Have you visited

http://yoursite.com/backlight/admin/?a=retrieve_all_passwords

(substituting yoursite.com with the actual URL of your site) ?

Have you successfully navigated to backlight/data/admin in your FTP program?  If you refresh the directory, can you see the file password.txt?

#5 2017-10-19 14:36:47

jc2k

Have you successfully navigated to backlight/data/admin in your FTP program?  If you refresh the directory, can you see the file password.txt?

I have now, thank you!
(Somehow I missed the full trail, and was looking in backlight/admin, not backlight/data/admin)

However, I entered the login/pswd from the password.txt file and I'm still getting "incorrect username or password" ...

I did enter the "delete password" string earlier as well... which would make one think the default "admin/ttg****" would work... but it doesn't.

Last edited by jc2k (2017-10-19 14:37:15)

#6 2017-10-20 00:43:10

jc2k

If the above mentioned methods don't work, can I simply reinstall? will that reset the password?

Thanks

#7 2017-10-20 01:00:33

rod barbee
Website

yes. But if you delete the existing databases you'll be starting over from scratch.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#8 2017-10-20 02:08:10

jc2k

That's fine- I haven't even started uploading images yet. This time I'll be sure to write down my name/password!

Thanks!

#9 2017-10-20 05:29:06

Ben

That is really strange that the password still didn't work.  If you're still stuck, either before or after a re-install, then please send me an FTP login so that I can look into it.

#10 2017-10-20 08:06:21

jc2k

Thanks Ben,

I'll send you my ftp access either later tonight or friday evening.

FYI, I did have trouble getting it to install properly; initially, instead of the log in page, I got a paragraph's worth of error code, so I contacted my ISP's support. He took a look at it while I was on the phone and could not figure out why it was not loading properly. (I can send you the error message later, it's on my computer at home) A short time later I noticed that the page was loading properly and then I got an email from the ISP's tech support:

"After our phone conversation, I took another look around. I found that there was an ownership conflict, and that is why the software was unable to create and new directories. Everything is owned by your user, 'jcoleman' and denied Apache's user 'nobody'. I setup suEXEC for you so Apache can run under your username, and it appears to be working now, albeit the software needs configured."

So my plan was to back up the ".htaccess" file, I believe IT had to modify that file, but not sure (it's mostly greek to me) and reinstall the rest of the Backlight files.

Thanks again!

#11 2017-10-20 16:28:12

jc2k

Hey Ben,

here's the error code I mentioned:
- - -

mkdir(): Permission denied|#0 [internal function]: ErrorHandler::handleError(2, 'mkdir(): Permis...', '/usr/www/users/...', 144, Array) #1 /usr/www/users/jcoleman/jessecolemanphotography.com/backlight/framework/helpers/GenericApplicationHelper.php(144): mkdir('./backlight/fra...') #2 /usr/www/users/jcoleman/jessecolemanphotography.com/backlight/framework/helpers/AuthHelper.php(59): GenericApplicationHelper::makeDataDirectoryIfNeeded('./backlight/fra...') #3 /usr/www/users/jcoleman/jessecolemanphotography.com/backlight/framework/init.php(123): AuthHelper::handleSession() #4 /usr/www/users/jcoleman/jessecolemanphotography.com/index.php(19): require_once('/usr/www/users/...') #5 {main}|URL: /index.php

- - -

I'll email you my ftp info.

#12 2017-10-20 21:23:59

Ben

Hi Jesse, please see my reply to your email.

Board footer