Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-20 23:44:57

kishw

Update Auto-Index on web server

Hi,

To modify my website, for instance if the menu items need to be changed so they are consistent across the entire website do I I need to modify Auto-Index, CE Pages and Gallery separately ?

After modifying AutoIndex is it necessary to republish all galleries or can the existing galleries be retained

Within Lightroom do I need separate Templates (listed in left hand panel) for each of the CE Modules or can one template be used to work with any of the modules.

Is there a preferred sequence to carry out such changes ie Pages>Auto-Index>Galleries ?

TIA
Kish Woolmore
www.kishwphotos.co.uk
London

#2 2017-09-21 00:23:29

rod barbee
Website

Re: Update Auto-Index on web server

To modify my website, for instance if the menu items need to be changed so they are consistent across the entire website do I I need to modify Auto-Index, CE Pages and Gallery separately ?

Unless you're using phplugins to manage site navigation, then yes.
There are some features in Pages that can be shared with the other plug-ins: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _resources

After modifying AutoIndex is it necessary to republish all galleries or can the existing galleries be retained

if the changes you make are meant only for autoindex, then you don't need to republish the galleries.
The exception is if you set autoindex to use larger thumbnails. If you do, you'll need to change the galleries' thumbnail size in the galleries. If you're using Publisher export the gallery template and upload it. If not using Publisher, you'd need to export and upload each gallery.

Within Lightroom do I need separate Templates (listed in left hand panel) for each of the CE Modules or can one template be used to work with any of the modules.

Yes. They each do different things.
But you can create a user template and share that between plug-ins: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _templates

Is there a preferred sequence to carry out such changes ie Pages>Auto-Index>Galleries ?

If you use the Shared Resources with CE4 Pages feature, then first make changes in Pages. Change the Shared Resources setting in your other plugins and re-export and re-upload. If you're using Publisher, you only need to make changes to the Gallery and Auto-Index templates and upload those.
If your indexes and galleries are all exported and uploaded you'll need to make the changes in each, then export, and upload again. For galleries, you can probably get away with just uploading the lib/ folder and the index.php files so you won't have to upload all the pictures again.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer