Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-12 20:01:13

angel
Website

Error Message

I am receiving the following error message when uploading a gallery from CE4 Publisher

Error uploading rendition.

Unable to complete the action.

Headers:  {     [error] =>  {         [errorCode] => "networkConnectionLost"        [name] => "The network connection was lost."        [nativeCode] => -1005
    }
}

#2 2017-07-12 20:26:20

angel
Website

Re: Error Message

This is the response from Godaddy;

Good Day, Here is the most frequent error code the error_log is recording in your hosting. error_log = [12-Jul-2017 10:43:35 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: album in /home/arnoldszmerlings/public_html/index.php on line 164 I am not sure if and how this may pertain to the errors you are receiving, however we would be happy to ensure your hosting environment is usable and functioning within our operating parameters for your as we are available 24/7. Regards, Hosting Support

Thanks,
Help 2.0

#3 2017-07-12 21:01:13

Ben

The error message GoDaddy has found is inconsequential.  It is only a notice.

Does this happen for every image, or only after several images? If the latter, does it come good after a certain amount of time, such as 60 seconds?

#4 2017-07-17 15:19:20

angel
Website

Thank you Ben for your reply.

It occurs after loading a certain amount of images. Then I have to wait a while and then recommence the publish and after several images are uploaded the error message reappears and so on.

#5 2017-07-18 09:50:45

Ben

This is GoDaddy's infamous denial-of-service mechanism kicking in.  The server thinks that Publisher's repeated requests constitute a DoS attack and blocks access for 60 seconds.  This has been a problem that has existed for the best part of a decade, and one that we can not code around.
You may have some luck in requesting GoDaddy upgrade your site to the latest cPanel.  Other users have had success in having GoDaddy disable the security rule that triggers this, but I think that was for users on non-shared hosting plans.

#6 2017-07-18 14:30:29

angel
Website

Thank you Ben for the clarifying what I thought may be the problem, after searching in the community. I asked GoDaddy if I could upgrade from a shared hosting to a VPS and they denied me flat out. I would have to loose the balance of my annual subscription for the shared hosting and take a new one for the VPS. I responded that this gives me no incentive to stay with GoDaddy.

In the interim, assuming I don't have the latest cPanel and I am upgraded, how can that help?

#7 2017-07-18 20:59:55

rod barbee
Website

Time for new hosting perhaps?
A few years ago when I switched from Godaddy to blue host, Godaddy refunded the remainder of the cost for the time I still had left on their hosting plan.
The switch was pretty easy.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#8 2017-08-04 20:58:21

kris11
Website

I'm getting a similar problem.  Have just tried to update a gallery and this came up.

Can't update this collection
The rendition could not be created.  Please ensure that the original file name is accessible, especially when stored on external or network storage.

Have now tried all galleries and same problem.  Made a new gallery and same message.  HELP

With Host Papa

#9 2017-08-04 21:13:47

kris11
Website

Ok, solved that. Realised what it was after I did a search of the forum

Board footer