Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-08 11:28:30

andacar
Website

Latest version up

I reconstituted Creepyhouse almost from scratch using the cool new features of Backlight 1.2.1. Not everything's there, but I'm impressed with what Pangolin can do. This was a much easier upgrade than previous versions! Thanks to Matt and company as always. Please let me know what you think.

Darrell Leland

"Never go creeping around old castles at night; you may find what you're looking for."
- Grimsley

#2 2017-07-08 11:39:25

Daniel Leu
Website

Re: Latest version up

Unfortunately, the menu is not accessible with Chrome and Safari on a Mac. It is covered by other elements (.page__pallet__top: z-index 2) on your page. Something Matt needs to look at.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#3 2017-07-08 11:43:17

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Looks creepy, for sure, so the design suits the name of the place. The top pallet, despite having no visible height, is covering and blocking your navigation menu, so that links are not clickable. You're the third or fourth person I've seen doing this; I really didn't expect that using the options to overlap the navigation and top pallet would be a thing, so I'm going to have to revisit the top pallet in an update to see whether I can prevent these blocking situations.

There are a few possible fixes:

Assign your navigation to appear in the top pallet, where it will be right-aligned rather than left.

Give height back to your top pallet.

Drop navigation beneath your masthead.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#4 2017-07-08 11:59:51

andacar
Website

Thanks Matt. I was just about to write in and ask what was going on about that. I'll use our advice and fix it. Another thought: Is it possible to make the social media icon appear on the left as well as the right?

Thanks!

Darrell Leland

"Never go creeping around old castles at night; you may find what you're looking for."
- Grimsley

#5 2017-07-08 12:53:00

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Not at the moment. The top pallet is pretty strict, as it serves a lot of functions when add-ons are enabled, etc. At some point, I might look at overhauling it to loosen things up a bit, but for this first iteration, I needed to make sure everything could get in there.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer