Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-02 21:46:48

angel
Website

Images do not load up

Please help.

All images are pulled from from "https://asip.co:443/. TTG seems to put a suffix of :443. It was never a problem however now it is. Godaddy does not help.

#2 2017-07-02 21:52:10

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Images do not load up

Honestly, I don't know what to tell you. It sounds like a GoDaddy issue, and they should be helping you to resolve it. TTG does not add a suffix of :443, that I can assure you.

Not the first time GoDaddy has caused problems, though. We blacklist them. There are definitely better hosts you could be using.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2017-07-03 14:00:44

angel
Website

Thank you for your response Matthew.

So after some anguish and then taking a big breath I was blessed to find the issue and how to resolve it. It would have taken Godaddy two seconds to direct me the right way, if they only cared.

In Cpanel under Security settings there is a section named;Hotlink Protection. I enabled it and found it stopped all my images uploading. I then disabled it and all my images would still not upload. I did inform Godaddy what I did and they were not prepared to help me out. They said it was a scripting issue. I told them the page code is in order and something changed since I enabled the Hotlink Protection. I pleaded with them just to ask an expert and let me know what is going on. They refused outright. They didn't give a stuff.

I looked into my .htaccess file and found the following code was added when the Hotlink Protection was enabled.

RewriteRule .*\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmp)$ - [F,NC]

When I disabled the Hotlink Protection it did not remove the code from the .htaccess files. I then removed the code from all the .htaccess throughout the site manually and everything is working now.

GoDaddy every time you call them now finds every excuse under the sum to persuade you to upgrade the sites resources for extra charges but also always uses the word "might" and never commits to solving any performance issues.

They were once ver helpful and caring. I have found recently a majority of the support are just robots and don't really care about their customers. I will be looking at other alternatives when my hosting plan is up for renewal.

Matthew I understand The Turning Gate has black listed GoDaddy and look forward to your advise on your recommended Hosting company.

I await your referral. Thanks.

#4 2017-07-03 14:26:41

Matthew
Administrator
Website

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience with GoDaddy, though I am not surprised. I've had similarly bad experiences with various hosts.

At present, The Turning Gate is affiliate partnered with both Bluehost and HostGator. I use Bluehost personally, as do many other TTG users, and they're generally pretty good. Not as good as they used to be since being acquired, but still pretty good. I do not have personal experience with HostGator, but have heard very good things about them from other users here in the forum. In terms of what's offered, I think their hosting packages are very similar, and they're generally pretty good with support.

Here are our affiliate links for both:

Bluehost
HostGator

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#5 2017-07-03 15:24:28

angel
Website

Thank you Matthew, I'll look into it.

Board footer