Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-30 19:29:20

tenpinmark

Where are the Pangolin changes?

Hello - Please excuse the stupid question!

I've just upgraded my testsite to Backlight 1.2 as well as Theater 1.2 by following the instructions in the readme.txt files but I can't see any references to the Pangolin features. When the sytem upgraded itself, no errors were displayed so I assume it has installed OK.

I have searched on the site for information, but can only see references to the readme.txt files.

Where will I see them?

Last edited by tenpinmark (2017-06-30 19:37:29)

#2 2017-06-30 20:06:14

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Where are the Pangolin changes?

After an update, always the blog.
http://theturninggate.net/2017/06/30/ba … available/

Let us know if you have any questions or issues after reading through the information.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2017-06-30 20:38:02

tenpinmark

Thanks for the link Matt. When I look to create new templates, should I see two different modules (Std and Pangolin)? Currentlyy I do not.

I think I have followed those instructions correctly, but as it's my test site, I'll delete it and re-create from scratch to see if I see any difference.

As an idea, when you do the release notes for each update, if there is a significant feature update that you have covered in depth somewhere, can you put the link in the release notes. As I said, I did a search hand it never showed up.

Thanks
Mark

#4 2017-06-30 21:35:24

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Hi Mark,

The blog post never exists until after the downloads are packaged and ready to go out. Whenever there's an update, please make a point of visiting the blog.

If you've got 1.2 installed correction, the Pangolin modules should be available in the drop-list when creating a new template.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#5 2017-06-30 21:44:46

charlie.choc
Website

Can we have both Okapai Page and Pangolin Page templates active on the same site at the same time?

#6 2017-06-30 21:49:07

Ben

Yes

#7 2017-06-30 22:01:27

Ben

A mix of Pangolin and Okapi templates can be used across a site.  The only restriction is that Pages with embedded albums or album sets should use the same template type for both the parent page and the embedded album or album set.

#8 2017-06-30 22:20:15

tenpinmark

Thanks Matt for letting me know that I should see both in the drop downs. I don't and I can't see anything that is obvious. As my test site is a mirror of my main site, I'm keen to find out why before doing a complete re-install of the system.

Is there any debug I can switch on to see why the Pangolin module4s are not being seen?

#9 2017-06-30 22:29:46

tenpinmark

Well, that is strange. I have deleted all the files and directories again, uploaded them and permissioned them as required.  Nothing changed. I bounced the Apache2 web server out of frustration and boom - now it works and I can see the new modules it seems!

Thanks for the helping hand guys - you rock as usual!

#10 2017-06-30 22:33:08

Ben

Hi Mark, the reloading of modules can be seen by using a switch we added for development.  Can you visit any album on your site, then append the URL with ?debug, e.g. http://yoursite.com/galleries/family-photos/?debug
Look for the text "updateEngineData called".  The lines from there provide a lot of technical information about the discovery of modules.
Since there's a lot there, it may be easier if you can provide me with a link to an album so that I can have a look.

What directories do you have under backlight/modules/ ?  On my server, I have a mix of okapi- and pangolin- directories:

development-theme
module-cart
module-client-response
module-pages
module-theater
module-wordpress
okapi-core
pangolin-album
pangolin-album-set
pangolin-core
pangolin-page
pangolin-theater