Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-02 05:28:59

capnhooke
Website

Lightroom error

I wrote in some months ago about this error message.  It resolved itself after deleting and re-added them back.  in updating more recent event photos i can't upload the images.  I get the same error;  "The rendition could not be created.  Please ensure that the original file name is accessible, especially when stored on external or network storage."   The images are all on the same laptop.  I've updated the LR program, The IOS - Sierra 10.12.5  Safari.  I've tried reinstalling LR, downloading the plugin and reinstalling it.  I can publish to the older parts of my website that is not running the cart.  My facebook plug in doesn't work either.  I've contacted Adobe they tell me a technician is working on it and they will get back to me (over 1 week and waiting).  I've contacted Godaddy they have said there is nothing blocking the upload on their end and it is timing out.  I'm at a loss as where to turn?  any suggestions from here? My Api seems to be working.

http://equine.hookephoto.com/shows/

Thom

#2 2017-06-02 07:25:02

Ben

Re: Lightroom error

This does sound very much like a Lightroom error rather than a Backlight error.  Others with a similar experience may be able to chime in with advice.

#3 2017-06-02 07:48:56

rod barbee
Website

have the originals been renamed outside of Lightroom? That would explain why Lightroom thinks they're not accessible.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2017-06-02 16:14:56

Matthew
Administrator
Website

I second the above comments from Ben and Rod.

Additionally, have a look at the images in your library. Make sure there are no warning icons on the images; if memory correctly serves, these would look like a triangle with an exclamation point inside. Ensure the images are, in fact, located where Lightroom is looking for them. If the files have been renamed or moved outside of Lightroom, or if located on an external drive not currently connected, this could be the issue.

If you have any export plugins installed, you might also disable them temporarily while troubleshooting the issue, simply to ensure there is not some other software causing a break in the chain.

Finally, if all appears to be well with the images in Lightroom, trying viewing the files in the Finder/Explorer to ensure they are on disk, and that you're not seeing some sort of database remnant in Lightroom. Try opening the images files in another viewer, such as Preview (Mac) to ensure they open without error.

Back in Lightroom, you might try running database optimization from the menu. And as a last step, try deleting your previews and letting Lightroom rebuild them. It's happened to me in the past that a corrupt preview cache has caused me issues; deleting and rebuilding previews solved the problem. The preview cache is located in the catalog folder, alongside the catalog file. It's entirely safe to delete the preview cache, so long as you leave the catalog itself alone.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#5 2017-06-02 22:14:21

capnhooke
Website

Thanks for getting back to me,  I really appreciate your suggestions!!!  You guys are awesome!!

I have renamed the images in Lightroom as is customary in my work-flow, I even deleted these and used the originals .nef's that I always store offline.  After importing a few (100 or so) I put them in a separate folder in my Library/Collections in LR  same thing.  Files are intact no errors and reside on computer ( open in finder, preview and PS).  Tried to sync and optimize  - nothing,  deleted cache. 

I tried to upload a wedding selects from another job I shot last weekend to the older part of the site it gave me the rendering error also.  So now it seems that this is something with only new images?  All images are shot on the same d3 and d4 camera. 

I just deleted all plugins except TTG  and tried to update the publisher.  I now get  this message;  "Could not connect to network.  You need to be online to use TTG Publisher."  This a message I have gotten in the past. 

I'm deleting the previews now  I had both smart and standard.  Do you think LR was confused ?  I will update you after rebuilding.

Thom

#6 2017-06-07 00:15:29

capnhooke
Website

I tried deleting The previews several times and restarting lightroom.  Still same error messages.  Adobe has now been three weeks working on this and no resolution.  Very frustrating.  If you can think of anything else to try please let me know  I'm at a loss as to what to do.  Even if its drastic would be better.

Thank you for all your help

thom

#7 2017-06-07 00:38:07

charlie.choc
Website

It can be a pain, but you might try resetting LR's preferences. I've had to do that a few times it the past when LR started acting weird.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles … eferences/

#8 2017-06-07 01:52:10

capnhooke
Website

Thank you Charlie  It did solve an issue i've had since reinstalling the LR of viewport sizer not working which is nice but I still have the inability to update or publish new photos.  I will remember that for future.

On another detail,  I've called Adobe today and their telling me its not them because facebook and instagram work.  They think it's Godaddy.    I called Godaddy and they say it's The Plugin.  One problem is that they can't check the script for the API if I was using FTP they can check that.  I can upload through Fetch so that's not an issue. 

Still perplexed.

Thom

#9 2017-06-07 02:55:04

rod barbee
Website

for what it's worth, GoDaddy has been problematic for users in the past. Ben might be able to elaborate.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2017-06-09 00:46:16

capnhooke
Website

Still working on this problem.  As an update;  I've deleted the website exporting the template, CSS and phpplugins. deleted the TTG Plugin reloaded a new copy.  I now can't connect with the TTG Plugin on any of my websites.  I can connect to FB and Insta through L/R publishing module.

The plugin manage says "the plugin is enabled but has experienced some problems"

error message  from diagnostic log;
Plug-in error log for plug-in at: /Users/user/Documents/Lightroom Plugins/TTG-Publisher.lrplugin

**** Error 1

This plug-in’s post-processing task did not finish successfully.
Could not connect to network.  You need to be online to use TTG Publisher.

Does this ring any bells?

thanks for your help

Thom

#11 2017-06-09 10:26:36

capnhooke
Website

As of this writing, I started a new site again.  Downloaded all ttg software and uploaded them to new site.  created album sets. then realized I needed to have the API set so I went into Backlight/publisher and set that up, went back to lightroom and was able to upload all images into three distinct albums in the album set, as was the original plan.  went back to  Backlight a happy camper and worked on the styling of the site.  uploaded my template and css from previous versions.  Stopped closed up Backlight went to do some other work, ate dinner, came back 2 hours later and now unable to connect to the net with L/R in TTG Publisher.  thumbnails are small should be 512-pixels.

Very frustrated  - 3 weeks lost - can't fix it - what to do?

#12 2017-06-09 12:07:21

rod barbee
Website

double check your album template > image Settings > Thumbnails.
Then try republishing the images. There's a setting in the TTG Publisher plug-in set up that lets you republish thumbnails without having to republish the large renditions. Double click on TTG Publisher in Publisher Services to access the settings.

your seemingly random inability to connect sounds more like a server issue than a Lightroom issue.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#13 2017-06-09 16:20:15

Matthew
Administrator
Website

If you'd like, send us your API Key, and we can try to connect from our own catalogs to see whether we get the same error. If we can connect and you cannot, we might be able to determine whether the issue is on your server or on your local system. You can email any of us using the "Email" link beneath our picture.

Matt

#14 2017-06-10 09:44:28

capnhooke
Website

I think I have found the problem.  because of my three distinct specialties I have backlight running separately  on the same server, in three locations(folders)  one of the API's had a different API Key.  Changing it seems to have gotten the website running again. 

Thom

#15 2017-06-11 13:56:31

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Ah, great! I got your email, but haven't had a chance to check into things yet. Sounds like I won't have to.

If you're running things at the same domain (i.e. yourdomain.com), then you only need one installation of Backlight. In Lightroom, you can setup three separate instances of the publisher to manage separate base folders, if that's how you want to do things. Or you can use one publisher to put everything in /galleries, but organize your albums into three album sets, i.e. /galleries/one, /galleries/two, /galleries/three.

Matt

#16 2017-06-20 07:21:23

capnhooke
Website

My Problem rose its ugly head again.  after working on it again I decided to put the backlight plugin on an older computer not running Sierra and LR 6.10.  (LR 4)  Worked like a champ.  My main computer still will not load images.  When I have a spare few days I plan on going back in time and putting an older OS on my system.  see if that clears things up.  I'll report back if there are any useful changes.

T

#17 2017-06-20 10:24:08

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Weird. OS version shouldn't matter. I wonder if it might be something to do with your catalog being corrupt, or some other Lightroom-related issue. Perhaps try resetting your Lightroom preferences, or re-installing Lightroom itself on the problematic machine?

Resetting preferences can solve a lot of odd problems. Here's an article:
https://lightroom-blog.com/2015/05/23/r … troom-cc6/

And here's something more like an instruction manual:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/pr … oom-6.html

Matt

#18 2017-06-20 20:55:21

charlie.choc
Website

I'm running Sierra 10.12.6 Beta and the latest LR and have no issues so I also doubt it's the OS version. Reverting back is a lot of work, especially if that doesn't fix the problem. Just my $.02.

#19 2018-11-15 10:11:01

davidmaui

Aloha, I am having the same error message. Was this every resolved?

"The rendition could not be created.  Please ensure that the original file name is accessible, especially when stored on external or network storage."

Trying to publish a thumbnail.
OS X 10.13.6
LR Classic CC Release:8 Raw:11

TTG Backlight version: 1.0.4

(SOLVED)
I plugged in an external drive that had a previously posted thumbnail from a few weeks ago, but it had an update pending. I automatically assumed the error was for the new thumbnail I was posting.

Last edited by davidmaui (2018-11-15 11:19:54)

#20 2018-11-15 10:44:09

rod barbee
Website

You might first try updating Backlight 1 to it’s last version as well as updating Publisher to the version that comes with it.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#21 2018-11-15 11:22:57

davidmaui

Yes, I am over due for an update. Everything has been so stable and working so well for a couple of years now, that I didn't want to mess with it. If I upgrade from 1.0.4 to 2.0 will I need to reset any of my current settings for publishing? I'll read up on it, I am sure you have it listed with the download files. Thanks for such a great product.

#22 2018-11-15 13:10:59

rod barbee
Website

Matt and Ben get all the credit, it’s their product.

The Publisher plugin is pretty much the same between the two versions. There is a bit of a difference in how password protected albums and sets are handled. But the main Publisher Settings are the same.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer