Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-21 09:13:49

trummonte
Website

Changing Page Title on search link pages

Still working on my new site...

Like before, a bunch of my menu items for the galleries are just hrefs passing along search criteria. I would like to be able to set the browser tab title for each separately. It works using the window.open function as long as I allow it to open in a new window. Not sure if I am happy with that. Do you have any ideas?

You can check it out at https://portfolios.montetrumbull.com/. The Recent Additions gallery works in a new window. The Locations > Rocky Mountains gallery does not when opened in the same window.

Thanks!

Monte

#2 2017-03-21 18:41:50

Ben

Re: Changing Page Title on search link pages

Hi Monte, this is a good suggestion.  A good way to do this would be for us to add an extra setting for Search (found under Backlight > Publisher > Settings), something like "Include search query in title".

#3 2017-03-21 22:38:13

trummonte
Website

That would be great Ben. I did some testing last night and found that the window.open function doesn't work on a lot on mobile browsers.

Along those lines, it would be nice if the search page had it's own class to be able to identify say just the h3 class. What would also be great is if you could use also tack on the search title to the end of the search query.

Thanks Ben!

Monte

Last edited by trummonte (2017-03-21 22:38:51)

#4 2017-03-21 23:26:35

rod barbee
Website

Along those lines, it would be nice if the search page had it's own class

+1
Currently I'm using a separate css file for my search page (and a separate page template for the search page album template). I just stripped out everything that didn't pertain to styling that page and added a couple of rules specific to the search page.
That works fine, but it also means maintaining another css file.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer