Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-25 04:50:43

grover_c

Wordpress formatting

Hello,

I recently added the Wordpress plugin, which has been working great except for one issue.  My line spacing is visible in both the visual and text editor but not on the published post.

Any ideas?

#2 2017-02-25 06:25:43

rod barbee
Website

Re: Wordpress formatting

Link?
And is this line spacing some custom css you've added to override the theme's line spacing?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-02-26 02:45:26

grover_c

Thanks, Ron.

You helped me figure it out.  I was removing the margin in the paragraph element in my custom css file, which works for my site but not for Wordpress which uses paragraphs for spacing.  I created a duplicate custom css file that removed the paragraph change and it works now. 

FYI, I was initially frustrated and confused by the odd way that Wordpress strips out line breaks and some other formatting when switching from the visual and text editor, which I still think is crazy.

#4 2017-02-26 06:24:01

Ben

grover_c wrote:

FYI, I was initially frustrated and confused by the odd way that Wordpress strips out line breaks and some other formatting when switching from the visual and text editor, which I still think is crazy.

It's remarkably buggy.  I find it best to only edit in the text editor then switch to visual to tidy up the layout if needed.

#5 2017-02-26 14:47:39

Matthew
Administrator
Website

I also favor the text editor; I don't use the visual editor at all. It's only ever caused me problems.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer