Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-09 11:50:31

Travelsnapz

Emails Not Being Generated

CE4 Cart has been operating flawlessly but we recently had to change hosting and now we are not receiving order emails. We get the PayPal notification that an order has been placed and paid for but not the email with the details of the order. Client is also not receiving confirmation of order or download links for digital products.

Maybe PHP is a problem?

In placing an order myself I got an error code of 10415, and before this came up I got an html page with some (php?) messages that meant nothing to me (due to my lack of expertise in this area).

Can anyone suggest the best solution to get the cart working again?

Thank you for any support

#2 2016-12-09 12:12:54

Travelsnapz

Re: Emails Not Being Generated

This is the info that comes up when we click on phpinfo in the cart admin:

------------------------

include(application/views/admin/phpinfo.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory|#0 /home/phph1001/public_html/ttg-be/cart/application/views/templates/template_blank.php(4): ErrorHandler::handleError(2, 'include(applica...', '/home/phph1001/...', 4, Array) #1 /home/phph1001/public_html/ttg-be/cart/application/views/templates/template_blank.php(4): include() #2 /home/phph1001/public_html/ttg-be/framework/helpers/ViewHelper.php(40): require('/home/phph1001/...') #3 /home/phph1001/public_html/ttg-be/cart/application/controllers/AdminController.php(61): ViewHelper::render('admin/phpinfo', Array, 'blank') #4 [internal function]: AdminController->phpinfo() #5 /home/phph1001/public_html/ttg-be/framework/controllers/Controller.php(41): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #6 /home/phph1001/public_html/ttg-be/framework/Framework.php(124): Controller->dispatch(Array) #7 /home/phph1001/public_html/ttg-be/cart/index.php(24): Framework->route() #8 {main}|URL: /ttg-be/cart/index.php

--------------------

Does that give anyone a clue as to what is happening? Thanks.

#3 2016-12-09 12:15:15

Ben

Hi, who are you hosting with?

Was the 10415 error caused when using the Sandbox or live PayPal? 

Those PHP messages may mean something to us.  It's hard to advise without knowing what they are.

#4 2016-12-09 12:35:24

Travelsnapz

We were hosted with Ilisys but they transferred all their hosting to Netregistry. The 10415 error was on a live PayPal transaction. The messages we got are posted in a previous message.

Thanks for the prompt response.

(This cart installation is on www.photoeventz.com.au)

#5 2016-12-09 21:08:24

Ben

How often is that error happening?  All the time, some of the time or infrequently?

I've found that the PHP Info link you're using should have been removed from the Cart's dashboard.  Please instead visit Dashboard > TTG BE Admin and then click on View PHP Info from there.

We created a document on improving the reliability of emails under Bluehost.  Some of the advice may help with your own setup: http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … n_bluehost

Are you using 'mail' or 'smtp' for the mail setting?  Most hosts block the latter.

#6 2016-12-09 23:24:41

Travelsnapz

Thanks for the support.

I changed the email setting from "smtp" to "mail" and was able to make a purchase from the gallery. Looks like our previous hosting provider accepted "smtp" OK but the current one needs "mail".

We'll do some further testing tomorrow, but it looks good.

Thank you again for the help and assistance - very prompt and successful in solving the issue.

Board footer