Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-19 07:19:12

mjenich

Fotomoto in Backlight migrating from CE4

I'll start with the questions then give some background. 1. How can I get rid of the small black boxes on each of my images (I assume where the shopping cart should be)? 2. How can I get my opening page on my site to be consistent with the same opening page when I access my site from Publish Services?

I had an account with Fotomoto when using CE4. In your current documentation, "Fotomoto Support in Backlight". I followed all the steps. For example, in fotomoto.com I completed all the steps under "publish settings", "site addresses" and "store information".  In the section "In Backlight" in your documentation, I pasted my store number where I was directed to and was able to find my way to the Add-On section and chose Fotomoto and saved the change.

When I access my site through Publish Services i.e.Go to Published Album, I get a page with the place holder text and my 2 test images show. (I made a test gallery and published it with two images.) Then when I go to galleries and open any of them, I get a small black box in the upper left corner on each image. I assume that's where the Fotomoto shopping cart should be.

When I access my website from my desktop I get something different. I get a page that I designed and no images from the test album that I had just uploaded. There is no place holder text which I removed when i designed it. The black boxes are still present on the images in the gallery.

In other words, I get one page when I access my site through Publish Services and a different page when I access my site from my desktop. However, in both instances I get the black box on each image which I assume is supposed to be the shopping cart.

#2 2016-11-19 08:43:53

rod barbee
Website

Re: Fotomoto in Backlight migrating from CE4

can you post a link to an album?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-11-19 10:34:55

mjenich

I can post an album. In fact, I posted two albums. They show up on the first page of my new website. But both albums are on different first pages. Both are different from the first page that I get when I access my site from outside of LR.

#4 2016-11-19 12:13:15

rod barbee
Website

Matt and Ben will need to be able to see something before offering any suggestions. Can you post links?

But both albums are on different first pages. Both are different from the first page that I get when I access my site from outside of LR.

What really matters is what visitors are going to see when they access your site.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2016-11-19 15:44:57

Ben

mjenich wrote:

They show up on the first page of my new website.

Which website?

#6 2016-11-20 01:52:16

mjenich

My website when I access from my desktop not through LR. http://www.martinjenichphotography.com/

Here is my 1st album when I access it through LR, Publish Services: http://www.martinjenichphotography.com/ … 1-18-2016/. It should include 2 photos.

Here is my 2nd album when I access it through LR, Publish Services: http://www.martinjenichphotography.com/ … 1-18-2016/. It should include 5 photos.

Note: Its the same link but I have two different sets of photos.

#7 2016-11-20 02:08:25

rod barbee
Website

yes it's the same link and from what I see, they are the exact same albums. Both have five images. They both appear to be working fine with Fotomoto.

the problem I'm seeing is on your Galleries page. I see this big red error:

Something went wrong

The album with id 1 could not be found in GalleryDelegate.php on line 114

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2016-11-20 02:23:51

rod barbee
Website

see if this helps:
http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … hp?id=7025

You can also try deleting any errant albums in Backlight > Publisher > Top-level Galleries. Click on any suspect album name. Scroll down and delete.

or just wait for Ben.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2016-11-20 06:53:30

Ben

For some reason the top-level gallery isn't in the database.  Can you provide me with a Backlight admin login via the Email link under my picture?

#10 2016-11-21 08:24:22

mjenich

Ben,
I tried clicking on your e mail link under your picture and was not able to access your e mail.

I tried the solution that mblanchette1 x recommended. Here's what I did I went to file zilla and found one of my test albums. I found the file that mblanchette1  mentioned (galaxy.xm.). I downloaded it and opened in "Editlite" and tried to change the ID from 2 to 1. I could not find such a number. The only number was 27148.

I also tried going to Blacklight>.Designer>Templates>Assign Templates>Gallery>Standard Album Set Templates>Save...It was the only option and it said it was not changed.

How can I set you the admin login?

#11 2016-11-21 08:37:47

Ben

That's strange.  Try right-clicking the Email link and selecting Copy Email Address.

27148 is the kind of number you'd expect to see for an album.  1, 2, etc. are the types of IDs for a *top-level* album set, e.g. 'galleries'.

Board footer