Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-21 00:57:57

gwlco
Website

WP blog posts do not show images

In my http://garylittle.com/blog/ I have three posts, None of them show the images I have posted. But when I press the title the images show up, but only JUST THAT ONE NOT THE OTHERS. I have to go back and start from the beginning for the others. Is this how the blog/ is going to work?

This isn't how I envisioned the WP blog to work. I though a blog had continuous rolling posts.

Last edited by gwlco (2016-10-21 01:05:04)

#2 2016-10-21 01:20:21

rod barbee
Website

Re: WP blog posts do not show images

did you assign a featured image? I think that's the only way images will show on the blog home page.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-10-21 01:21:31

michilge
Website

That is to be solved in Wordpress. When You edit the post, You can add multiple images to the post and integrate the into the text flow. One image can be qualified as the featured image of the post. This one will appear on the starting page of Your Wordpress blog within the abstract of the respective post. I'm not sure, how the corresponding settin in the editor is named in english. But it is a separate function in the editor.

There also is a possibility to make Wordpress scroll endlessly through the fulltext of all articles. But afaik You need a special Wordpress plugin for that.

#4 2016-10-21 12:52:07

Matthew
Administrator
Website

By default, the theme shows the excerpt and featured image for each post on the blog home page. To view the full article, one should click through to the single-post page, where the post and all of its contents are displayed in full. This is exactly how The Turning Gate's blog works, and is standard behavior for blogs, news sites, etc. -- you see a headline and a snippet for each article, then click through on articles of interest to read more. This is also standard Wordpress behavior.

If you would prefer to show the full contents of every post on the the blog home page, then go into your admin and Appearance => Customize => Posts, and disable the "Excerpts on Blog" option.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer