Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-07 12:24:39

dougc

Backlight test site and some questions

Here is a link to my Backlight test site:  www.collinsnet.us/backlight-test/
It took me about a day's work to create this.  While I have a number of things to polish up, I think that is a testimony to the ease of using Backlight to develop a web site.

Here is a link to my TTG CE4 site, that I would like to roll into Backlight:  www.collinsnet.us
There are four major Album Sets in the Gallery at this site.  Each major Album Set has numerous sub-Album Sets, some have a third level of Album Sets, and of course, there are many Albums at the lowest levels with many thousands of photos.

As you might imagine, I am very anxious about deleting my one Backlight test album, moving the Backlight folders and files into my collinsnet.us root directory, and importing my CE4 Album Sets and Albums into Backlight.  If it does not go well, I fear it would irretrievably damage my site.  There is no way I would be able to recreate all of the Album Set and Album descriptions.  Have a look at them to see what I mean!  Is all of that content and structure supposed to import in the transition to Backlight?

Now a couple of simple questions:
How do I center the photo captions under the photos in large image mode?
How do I add single photos to my Home page and About page in Backlight, like I have in my CE4 site?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Doug

#2 2016-10-07 12:30:59

Ben

Re: Backlight test site and some questions

Hi Doug, this isn't the answer you're looking for.
I notice that your site is running quite slowly.  Can you try following the steps outlined in this post?
http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … 715#p41715

#3 2016-10-07 12:38:36

rod barbee
Website

How do I center the photo captions under the photos in large image mode?

Custom css. You'll find some code in this post: http://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto. … ight-site/

How do I add single photos to my Home page and About page in Backlight, like I have in my CE4 site?

Use html: http://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto. … lock-text/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2016-10-07 13:10:46

dougc

Ben,

Thanks for the reply.  The first thing I did after updating to 1.0.5 was to visit the three admin sections.  I did see the updates occur at that point.  I had not seen anything about the SQLite changes, but have now done that.  It seems to me the site is responding quickly now.  Do you agree?

Now, how about my anxiety question?  :-)

Doug

#5 2016-10-07 13:12:08

dougc

Rod,

Thanks for the info.  I'll dig into that as soon as I can.

Doug

#6 2016-10-07 13:32:33

rod barbee
Website

Now, how about my anxiety question?  :-)

All of your album sets and albums remain intact in Publisher (in Lightroom). This includes all names and descriptions and any page copy you've included in the set's or album's respective Page Copy fields. The only thing the migration tool does is to hand off control from CE4 to Backlight.
When this happens, your Backlight default templates will be applied to the sets and albums.

If you've been using any custom CSS you'll need to rewrite it to conform with Backlight selectors. But that's just styling, not content.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#7 2016-10-07 13:42:11

dougc

Rod,

Thank you for that explanation.  It is very reassuring!  Once I get all of the smaller details of my Backlight site the way I want them, I'll do the migration.

Doug

Board footer