Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-04 13:24:14

coyotepixel
Website

Lightroom updating image modifications

I  published a large number of photos through Lightroom 5 to my site. After viewing the photos on my site I decided to modify a number of them in Lightroom, making changes to contrast, etc. I saw the modified photos in the TTG  folder that I had created in Lightroom as being separated from the already published ones on my site.

So, I clicked Publish. But then I noticed that a number of the modified photo thumbnails in Lightroom had the white dots in the upper right hand corner indicating that the thumbnails had not updated the changes yet. So, I clicked the "X" in the Publishing progress bar to stop the publish update until all the thumbnails had lost their little dots indicating the updates to the edit.

The publishing did not stop. I saw that the modified photos were still being published despite clicking on the "X" to stop the publish. Is this normal? And, did the editing and changes to the photos get published despite the thumbnails in Lightroom having the little dots in the upper right hand corner?

It's still running, lots of photos in the folder.

Thanks.

#2 2016-10-04 19:03:44

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Lightroom updating image modifications

In my experience, Lightroom is a bit goofy about canceling tasks in progress. There's also a bug in Publish Services that's been around for a while, where after canceling a job-in-progress, you will need to restart Lightroom before you can resume publishing.

Typically, Lightroom will finish generating the current rendition, then cancel subsequent items in the queue. This can be spotty.

If in doubt, mark the album to be republished, or just the images you know need to be updated, then push the images again.

Make sure that in our publisher, settings are disabled to only update metadata or thumbnails; you'll want to push all renditions.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2016-10-04 22:37:32

coyotepixel
Website

Re: Lightroom updating image modifications

Thanks, Matthew.

Board footer