Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-16 03:08:23

gwlco
Website

I vote for the 'Ken Burns'

I really really like the Ken Burns slider effect
Is it p[possible?

an example:

http://slippry.com/examples/pictures/

#2 2016-09-16 10:42:17

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: I vote for the 'Ken Burns'

I will look into it.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2016-09-16 11:06:05

Daniel Leu
Website

Matt, how about adding a 'custom' presentation type to Theater? With a few additional phplugins hooks, one could implement a custom slideshow such as the one Gary mentioned. The user would select presentation type 'custom' and add a few phplugins functions to support his. From top of my head, following should be sufficient: ttg_theater_script(..., album), ttg_theater_css, ttg_theater_content(..., album).

Album would contain the necessary infos such as images, thumbnails, captions and titles.

This way one could add a cool slideshow or other display feature without you spending time on that and having to maintain them down the road....

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#4 2016-09-16 12:09:54

Matthew
Administrator
Website

The larger problem would be executing the publisher loop to get images. A) I haven't tested whether the loop can be executed from a PHPlugins script, and B) documenting that loop for user implementation might be sketchy.

Matt

#5 2016-09-16 12:41:47

Ben

The $album and $photo APIs have only been designed for internal use, so they lack in consistency and completeness. In particular, we don't have a clean API for working out paths and getting image dimensions. What we do have may also change over time as our needs change, potentially breaking any custom scripts that use them.

#6 2016-09-16 13:39:57

Daniel Leu
Website

There are so many great javascript scripts out there to provide cool animations and slideshows. There will be always yet another one that a user would like to have.

That's why I thought it would be cool to have some type of API using phplugins to allow the user to support the display engine he wants. With 'album' I wasn't really referring to $album, but more a generic data structure.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com

#7 2016-09-16 15:21:12

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Daniel Leu wrote:

... With 'album' I wasn't really referring to $album, but more a generic data structure.

Every script takes data input in its own defined structure, there's no way that we can provide a "generic data structure" of published images, allowing users to simply hang scripts on. For example, Photoswipe uses (by default) HTML markup including figure, img and figcaption elements, with various data attributes. Vegas slideshow takes an image array via it's initiation script, and has no structural markup at all. The implementations for these two scripts are as different as different can be.

Using the $album model that Ben has created, I am able to design custom implementations for these scripts and various others, but this is not something we can outline in any meaningful way for user implementation. As it is, Ben and I go back and forth several times a day with questions, proposals and solutions.

Matt

#8 2016-09-17 00:00:44

Daniel Leu
Website

Matthew wrote:

Every script takes data input in its own defined structure, there's no way that we can provide a "generic data structure" of published images, ...

It would be up to the advanced user to create the data structure necessary for the script based on the "generic data structure".

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com

Board footer