Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-25 18:26:02

speacock110

CRG Feedback issues

When I first installed CRG plugin I gave it a quick try and it appeared to work even sending me an email. To my 1&1 account on a 1&1 hosted web site and email server.

I have an upcoming wedding where the clients will be returning home, abroad so I thought the best way to communicate regarding image selection etc. would be via CRG so I looked at fully customising CRG especially the Feedback profile and have run into two major issues.

First the email has stopped working no email to me or my pretend client ( my none 1&1 secondary email) I have looked into this a little and will try some more before I take it further unless you have suggestions.

Second when I send feedback it overwrites the first feedback so only ever has the last feedback, but that is sometimes confused. As I may be adding or changing images, one of the advantages of published services; or I may ask them to re-choose images for one or more reasons. I would like each feedback to be listed separately.

Is something not working or does it not work how I need.

Wish list – be able to output feedback as a csv file for analysis in a spreadsheet /database.

#2 2016-08-25 21:06:32

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: CRG Feedback issues

See this about email:
http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … mail_setup

As for feedback, is your gallery managed or unmanaged?

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2016-08-25 23:22:40

speacock110

So do i read this to say that I cannot use a clients existing email address. and if i wanted them to read the email i would have to send them email Host URL and login details. If so by setting it to demo would only i get emails which to be truthful is all i want.

So not sure what you mean by managed and unmanaged

#4 2016-08-25 23:27:00

speacock110

Just looked at the demo option tooltip and it says its sends both emails to the clients email.

What i am really after is an email being sent to me when a client provides feedback.

#5 2016-08-25 23:27:19

rod barbee
Website

So do i read this to say that I cannot use a clients existing email address.

No. That applies to your email address that you enter in the Backlight settings.

Managed vs unmanaged: http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … management

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#6 2016-08-26 00:16:53

speacock110

Having being trying for two days with both SMTP and Mail as options i am now getting emails, no idea what has changed me or my host.

I had it set to managed. When set to unmanaged with Publisher password it does what i want but unfortunately keeps asking for contact details. which is why i set it to managed as the client is the one with access only. So i really need the multiple feedback of the UnManaged with the access control of the managed.

I am also confused with the document you referenced "Once a client has submitted feedback on a manged album, feedback on that album will be closed and the client will not be able to submit additional feedback 2" feedback on the album was not closed so feedback overwrote previous. I checked settings and one i think is responsible is Post Submission Actions which was set to Do Nothing. I have tried the others and they do as expected (my preferred is Clear Feedback in Browser) however this allows existing feed back to be overwritten. So do the close options after i have re opened the feedback.

So I am a little confused as to the working of this.

#7 2016-08-26 06:51:22

Ben

CR does not provide an option to have multiple feedback for managed clients.  This is by design, and not easily changed on our part.
The choice is therefore to either have a single set of feedback per client (either closed after submission, or allowed to be updated), or multiple sets of feedback by using the unmanaged setting.

I will review the code to see what options we have to add support for multiple feedback with managed clients.

#8 2016-08-26 17:20:42

speacock110

Thank you, the unmanaged method just feels a little impersonal for wedding shots etc.

As an aside, I missed understanding the managed and unmanaged options until i was pointed in the right direction for your document on the subject. I went looking for others under documentation and could not find them, until i clicked on site map. I shall now look at these before posting. It may be useful if these were a little more obvious.

#9 2016-08-26 19:19:57

Matthew
Administrator
Website

By way of context/explanation:

The advantage, and the point of the managed method is that the client's feedback is saved between sessions. So there's a natural conflict between restored a session in-progress and allowing multiple submissions, as in the latter case you'd typically want a fresh start on providing feedback.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#10 2016-08-27 17:10:34

speacock110

I can see the advantage of saving the feedback and adding to to it. However when I started reviewing my workflow and applying past experience I came up with two possible problems. First Archiving (we should have an email, but i would prefer a copy in the clients folder) Second is identifying changes that the client has made between their feedback sessions. With individual feedback saved you can record actioned requests and none actions requests for that feedback. To overcome my issues and makes sure I maintain an archive and actioned record, only ever had one stroppy client but this type of documentation was esential, a way of exporting the feedback would be very handy. Hence my wish list of CSV export.

PS please do not drop support for CE4 even though backlight is far superior to CE4 when it comes to publishing CE4 is still the best product I have come across for producing stand alone Albums

#11 2016-08-27 23:52:32

rod barbee
Website

The feedback is stored in the database. Google around and you'll likely come up with ways of exporting from the SQLite database to csv. For example: http://www.sqlitetutorial.net/sqlite-export-csv/

The database is accessed from the Backlight dashboard the same way it is for CE4 based sites (only you log into Backlight, not ttg-be): http://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto. … -database/

Ben likely has more/better ideas

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer