Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-24 01:02:58

djh2a

CE4 publisher: unable to find publisher. Please check ... API URL

I am trying to get back and set up CE4 working the way it is purported to function using the publisher, without success.   I have installed the ttg-be and publisher directories on a remote server and can sign on there using the admin sign-on and can access the publisher admin settings.  Yet when I go to Lightroom and try to set up the publisher using the API URL and API password I get the message that it cannot find the publisher. 

I have seen no documentation about the use of .htaccess-disabled in the publisher directory, and have tried leaving it originally named as distributed or renamed as .htaccess.   I have tried both ways, but the results are the same.  What else do I have to do to get it working?

#2 2016-08-24 01:36:37

rod barbee
Website

Re: CE4 publisher: unable to find publisher. Please check ... API URL

For the API url, if you're using www. in the URL try removing it so that it's just:

http://yoursite.com

Or, if you're not using www in the API url, try adding it.

If you have a setting in your .htaccess file that forces urls one way or the other, then the problem you're seeing can happen.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-08-24 03:04:57

djh2a

Thanks.  I had tried both, with and without the www. prefix, with no change in results.   I also renamed my .htaccess file temporarily but that did not change the results either.

#4 2016-08-24 03:15:21

rod barbee
Website

what's your API url?
what's your site url?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2016-08-24 08:02:35

djh2a

OK, I guess in my case (a web site hosted on LunarPages) the API url is not the same as the site URL.  I was just following the example shown in the video on the TTG CE4 web site (I suspect there is more misleading info there also, but can't determine that yet).   

I have not been able to determine my API url from any documentation I have so far.   Have posted the question to the support folks there, but they are never too swift to respond.

#6 2016-08-24 08:37:52

rod barbee
Website

if your site url is:

http://yoursite.com

then your API url should be

http://yoursite.com/ttg-be/publisher/

http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … r_instance

the folks at your hosting company won't be able to help as they have nothing to do with the API url

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2016-08-25 23:45:19

djh2a

Thanks.  Yes, that's what I realized.   I had the API url specified as  you suggested above and the following day it did work the following day.  (It did not work at first - something hanging around in a cache that had to age out??)   Anyway I did get a start and created a sample album.  Next will be to try the index feature with sub-albums. 

One disappointing aspect has been the very slow performance.  Moving around in the LightRoom->Layout Style options seems unusually slow.  Are there configuration options that could improve that?   I am running on a reasonably fast processor from an SSD and everything else runs quite crisply.

#8 2016-08-26 00:00:55

rod barbee
Website

One disappointing aspect has been the very slow performance.  Moving around in the LightRoom->Layout Style options seems unusually slow.  Are there configuration options that could improve that?

There's a lot going on behind the scenes and Adobe hasn't shown any interest in devoting more resources to the Web Module. (which is one reason Matt and Ben developed Backlight)

On thing you can try is using as few images in the filmstrip as possible to complete your design.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer