Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-07 17:21:26

christianschrockel

Slideshow Gallery

Hi

I'm working with CE4 Pages, Publisher, AutoIndex and Gallery. I tried to make a slideshow gallery just for the home page (with Publisher). Now there are several problems:

1. Every Album on my Galleries-Side start in the moment, when I click it, also with a slideshow, what I don't want. I want the Slideshow just for the "home" page.

2. When you start the website www.christianschroeckel.ch you can see just for a second the home page, then starts the slideshow. The problem is, that the slideshow/images are much too big. That means that you can't see neither the Page Title, Navigation etc. nor the bottom of the side (as for example on the contact page). Besides that you cannot see the "X"-Symbol, the Chain-Symbol etc. in the Slideshow.

I guess there went several things wrong, but I have no idea for the reasons.

I'm glad if you can help me.

Christian

#2 2016-08-07 17:24:38

christianschrockel

Re: Slideshow Gallery

A further problem on the slideshow is, that on the top an on the bottom is a black shadowed line, that I don't want in the slideshow.

Christian

#3 2016-08-07 22:52:39

rod barbee
Website

1. Every Album on my Galleries-Side start in the moment, when I click it, also with a slideshow, what I don't want. I want the Slideshow just for the "home" page.

In the Highslide settings, uncheck "Autoplay on page load".

A further problem on the slideshow is, that on the top an on the bottom is a black shadowed line, that I don't want in the

that shadow will need to be removed by custom css

When you start the website www.christianschroeckel.ch you can see just for a second the home page, then starts the slideshow. The problem is, that the slideshow/images are much too big. That means that you can't see neither the Page Title, Navigation etc. nor the bottom of the side (as for example on the contact page). Besides that you cannot see the "X"-Symbol, the Chain-Symbol etc. in the Slideshow.

The full page display is what happens with the Highslilde slideshow. The X and the chain are there, they are just the same color as the background so appear in visible. Try hovering over where they should be.
When I hovered over them, I noticed that the web fonts were broken (viewing with Firefox). There's a fix for that: http://ce3wiki.theturninggate.net/doku. … _web_fonts

If you want just a slide show on the home page, without the thumbnail grid or without the slideshow being presented full page, use the Galleria option for the home page gallery in Pages. If you want to control a Galleria slideshow with Publisher, like you're doing now for your home page, you'll need to also get CE4 Stage.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2016-08-12 04:29:46

christianschrockel

Hi Rod

Thanks for your answer - you're much too fast for me ;-). I had today the opportunity to keep on working on my website. Several things went okay and I changed some. So I changed the gallery to iconic thumbnails. There are two problems now:

1. The resolution of the thumbnails is too low and the vertical images are totally cropped (see http://christianschroeckel.ch/galleries.php)
2. The Album titels are not readable (black in black) and should be white.

I'm sure you have an idea wink

Christian

#5 2016-08-12 05:14:17

rod barbee
Website

1) you'll need larger thumbnails to fill the space for the iconic presentation.
The iconic presentation will fill the album container with the thumbnail. So if you've got a 3x2 ratio, horizontals might look right but verticals will get cut off.
It's suggested to create custom thumbnails for the Iconic presentation.
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … uts#iconic
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … thumbnails

2) Change the color: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … ex_layouts
You can also change the Album Info height to make more room for the text

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2016-08-12 22:39:08

christianschrockel

Thanks, Rod
Everything works fine now. There is one more (hopefully last) question: the Slideshow Gallery on the "Home" Page seems to be different from the Slideshow-Type on the Galleries Site. Is it possible (how?) to have the same Type of Slideshow on the Galleries Site as on the "Home" Page?
Christian

#7 2016-08-12 22:48:27

rod barbee
Website

your galleries are using the Highslide slideshow included with CE4 Gallery.

Your Home page is using the Galleria slideshow included with Pages.

To get the same presentation on your home page as in your galleries you'll need to use Publisher
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _home_page

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2016-08-12 23:38:43

christianschrockel

Sorry Rod - I want the "Galleria slideshow" (the one, that is on the home page) for my galleries. How to do that exactly?
Christian

#9 2016-08-12 23:51:54

rod barbee
Website

you'll need to get CE4 Stage and then change those gallery collections from CE4 Gallery to CE4 Stage. Re-export and re-upload.
You won't have the thumbnail grid, just the slideshow. There is an option for a small thumbnail strip beneath the show.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2016-08-13 01:51:44

christianschrockel

Thanks - I just deleted the pages template in lightroom!!! Is it possible to recover it?

#11 2016-08-13 02:53:17

rod barbee
Website

Thanks - I just deleted the pages template in lightroom!!! Is it possible to recover it?

The User Template you made to save your settings? How about your system's recycle bin?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#12 2016-08-13 04:15:30

christianschrockel

You saved my day... Yes, it was the template with my settings. Time Machine got it back.
Where exactly do I have to upload the CE4 Stage?

#13 2016-08-13 04:50:28

rod barbee
Website

As far as exporting and uploading, Stage works just like Gallery. You will be replacing your CE4 Gallery exports with Stage exports.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer