Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.


The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

  • New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-11 15:28:40

Registered: 2014-08-22
Posts: 41

Gallery menus broken after website move - phplugins path mismatch

I had a functional php-enabled Wordpress+TTG CE4 website ( on GoDaddy, and just relocated to Bluehost. Everything seems to work except the menu structure once the gallery is entered.  Now the menu items are not the ones I defined, and all result in 404 errors.  I believe this is a php path issue.  My absolute path changed in moving to the new host, and all my templates, and existing galleries use the old path.  Changing the path in Lightroom is obviously not enough to fix this, and short of some grep script which I am not savvy enough to implement, I can see no way to fix this other than to recreate my entire gallery hierarchy again from new templates.

I had hoped the host move would have been easier than this.  Perhaps somebody has a fix for this, or an easier remedy than a brute force rebuild.



#2 2016-08-11 17:09:28

From: San Francisco, CA
Registered: 2012-09-24
Posts: 5,795

Re: Gallery menus broken after website move - phplugins path mismatch

If you have an editor capable of doing a Find & Replace across multiple files, you should be able to find the old PHPlugins path and replace it with the new one. You may need to download the files to local to perform this operation, then re-upload the files to server. But some applications may be capable of performing the operation remotely, so you can try it.


The Turning Gate,


#3 2016-08-23 15:36:34

Registered: 2014-08-22
Posts: 41

Re: Gallery menus broken after website move - phplugins path mismatch

Done!  So, if anyone else runs into this issue, download TextWrangler (for Mac) or similar which has Multi-file search. I think this may only work on local files.  I had copied my whole site down as a local copy, then uploaded the whole shebang back up to Bluehost before I realized I had a problem, so I did a combination of individual file edits on the server side, and multi-file search and replace on a local copy of the templates folder, followed by a drag and drop replace in FileZilla.

Here are all the files that need to be changed.  You can search for your old path, or TTG_HOOK and replace as necessary:

/ttg-be/templates <search and replace every file in here and upload to server>

/galleries <edit index.php and template_index.php at top level>

/galleries/phplugins/phplugins.php <single file edit, look for Wordpress ROOT>

and finally...


Thats it!  Of course it would be easier to do a multi-file s&r on a local copy of your whole website before uploading to the new now you have the benefit of my hindsight!



Board footer

Powered by FluxBB