Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-24 07:44:32

coyotepixel
Website

Tutorial on pull-down galleries menu please

I'm a user with not so much time on my hands smile. I'd love to have a pull-down galleries navigation like Rod has on his site. I think I could figure it out eventually, but maybe there's a tutorial somewhere to guide me through the steps.  My trial and error method involves mostly error at this point in the learning curve.

#2 2016-06-24 08:56:42

rod barbee
Website

Re: Tutorial on pull-down galleries menu please

in Backlight go to Design > Menu sets and click on Design for your chosen menu (you may just have Default). For your Galleries page, make sure you set the Descendant level. For any other pages where you want nested menu items, just add the item to the menu and then click the Add link inside that new item.
It's pretty self-explanatory once you start playing with it.
http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … ation_menu

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-06-24 13:42:19

coyotepixel
Website

Thanks, Rod. I'll give it a go.

#4 2016-06-26 10:10:28

coyotepixel
Website

I got the pull down menu figured out to where I can link a pull down (if that's what it's called) to an album in my Galleries.  I want to have a pull down link to a set of albums. For instance, on rodbarbee.com, I click on Galleries>Landscape Galleries and it takes me to a page rodbarbee.com/galleries/1-landscapes where there a few albums to select. Did you create an Album Set in Lightoom called 1-landscapes then link the pull down menu to that?

#5 2016-06-26 13:29:52

rod barbee
Website

Did you create an Album Set in Lightoom called 1-landscapes then link the pull down menu to that?

I created an album set and it automatically shows up in the menu. My current site is a CE4 site, but a Backlight site works in a similar fashion.
but you don't need to add albums and album sets to the menu. If your galleries menu item links to the "galleries" album set and you've set a descendant number, then the drop-down items show up automatically.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2016-06-28 00:20:20

coyotepixel
Website

I've created my first album set. All went well. But in the Galleries page, the Album Set name looks like it has smallish black writing across the white name of the set. I have black background with white font.

http://coyotepixel.net/galleries/

Also, how can I assign an image/photo to the Album Set instead of the description text?

#7 2016-06-28 00:23:32

rod barbee
Website

looks like you might need to pick a cover image for that album set. In Lightroom > Publisher edit the album set. In the Base Settings tab, choose a cover image from the drop down

more here from the CE4 documentation. Even though it's for CE4, it applies to Backlight Publisher as well
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … album_sets

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer