Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-20 05:20:45

johnbrks
Website

search page will not reflect changes in page copy

my search page seems to persist even though i have changed the page copy.  i have cleared the template cache and that didn't change anything.

it takes changes to the main copy i make under publisher, but when i change the page copy (for tray 1) under Pages->Search in BL, the changes are not reflected (hence the default content of the sidebar.  i tried changing to the default template rather than my own and this does not change (even after clearing template cache).

curiously, if i choose 'view page' in BL, the page displays with the correct content (though without the search box).  i've tried in different browsers as well.

thoughts?

http://www.joliverbrooks.com/backlight/search/

Last edited by johnbrks (2016-06-20 05:43:31)

#2 2016-06-20 05:48:29

rod barbee
Website

Re: search page will not reflect changes in page copy

You shouldn't have a page named search in Backlight > Pages. It's not needed. It's already part of backlight and is found at /backlight/search. You can just get rid of that page you made in Pages.

In Backlight > Publisher > Settings > Search you can choose an album template for the Search page. Change the tray text in that album template

curiously, if i choose 'view page' in BL, the page displays with the correct content (though without the search box).  i've tried in different browsers as well.

That's because this is not the Backlight search page.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-06-20 09:43:55

johnbrks
Website

ok.  thanks.  that fixed it.

but, is it not possible then to have a tray on the search page since editing the tray is not possible from publisher settings?  or do i create a special album template for this search page and include the text i want in the template?

#4 2016-06-20 09:51:01

rod barbee
Website

yes you can have a tray on the search page.
the search page uses an album template. (assign the template in Publisher > Settings > Search)
That album template uses a page template. Makes sure that page template uses a two column page layout.
In the album template, edit the Tray Copy under the Album Copy tab.
That's exactly what I did here: http://backlight-rb-test.barbeephoto.co … ht/search/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer