Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-12 08:28:13

bcobb10b

Thanks Matt and Ben for making my life so much easier!!

Guys, I just updated Backlight and Pages to v101 without a misstep in less than 5 minutes.  My test site came back up just as I left it when I last worked on it.  That is like a miracle after the Lightroom based process!

Good job -- I know the upgrade was a major job for you all, but it was worth every minute of your time and every penny I spent on the upgrade to be able to breeze through the upgrade like I just did.

My personal site is one or two CE4 releases back, and one of my client sites is still running CE3 due to the previous Lightroom based upgrade process.  I now feel confident that once I finish my climb up the Backlight learning curve I'll be able to get all of my sites on Backlight and keep them current.

In addition to the wonderful upgrade process, I also really appreciate the auto refresh based training & testing approach Matt suggested in one of his posts.  That is, 1) opening the site I am working on in one window of a browser & setting it to auto refresh, and 2) opening the Designer in a separate browser window, trying a new feature or changing a design parameter there, and watching it roll out in the site window.  A major time saver both while learning and implementing.

Thanks again Matt and Ben.  And also thanks to Rod ... the guy with too much time on his hands ... for being there for us when something does not go as we expect!!

- Bill

#2 2016-05-12 08:41:07

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Thanks Matt and Ben for making my life so much easier!!

Thanks, Bill! We're really pleased to hear that Backlight is being so well received.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2016-05-12 09:43:23

johnbrks
Website

Re: Thanks Matt and Ben for making my life so much easier!!

I have to agree.  It is rare that a 1.0 release of anything so customizable is so fluid.  I''m impressed.  I used the discount code, but quite honestly this is such a feat, it is justified without it (at the least).
This coupled with the amazingly helpful forum responses of Rod, Matthew and Ben really make this amazing.  I know very little html, but the process is very smooth.

Board footer