Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-10 02:39:47

HaraldJ
Website

CE4 Wordpress Sidebar problem - Tabula Rasa!

Hi Forum,

Thanks for reading. Before the transition to CE4 I had no problems at all with the CE3 Wordpress plugin, and the blog on www.haraldjoergens.com was just fine.

With CE4 and the CE4 Wordpress plugin, I seem to have only one sidebar on the right hand side - which makes sense, that's what's configured in the Lightroom CE4 settings.

But the exported blog on the website has no sidebar on the right hand side at all - instead there seems to be one at the bottom, telling me "Tabula rasa! This sidebar is empty, or you've tried to assign a sidebar that doesn't exist. Nurture this space via your admin.".

In the widgets editor there is only one sidebar I can populate, and it doesn't matter at all what I put in there, nothing changes.

Does the above ring any bells what the problem might be, and how to resolve it?

Thanks!

Harald

Harald Joergens ARPS
Harald Joergens Photography
Nutfield, Surrey, UK

#2 2016-05-10 04:09:38

rod barbee
Website

Re: CE4 Wordpress Sidebar problem - Tabula Rasa!

In the WordPress dashboard, under Appearance > Theme Options > Layout you'll see that there are page layouts for Home, three post templates, three page templates, and others.. Assign page layouts here to include sidebars either left or right.
After you do this, those sidebar widget areas will appear in Appearance > Widgets. Then populate the widget areas.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-05-10 23:51:55

HaraldJ
Website

rod barbee wrote:

In the WordPress dashboard, under Appearance > Theme Options > Layout you'll see that there are page layouts for Home, three post templates, three page templates, and others.. Assign page layouts here to include sidebars either left or right.
After you do this, those sidebar widget areas will appear in Appearance > Widgets. Then populate the widget areas.

Hi Rod,

Thanks for the quick response. I had done all the steps you describe already, and they don't make any difference, that's why I'm a bit lost! I'm happy to PM you admin login information to the blog if that could help to resolve the issue!

Best regards

Harald

Harald Joergens ARPS
Nutfield, Surrey, UK

#4 2016-05-11 01:02:30

rod barbee
Website

go ahead and email me. I'll be checking in occasionally so it might take me a few hours to get to it.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2016-05-11 04:34:30

rod barbee
Website

Harald,

I don't see any problems with your blog page or your single posts. All have a sidebar with Search,  Archives, and Tag Cloud widgets.
All your blog page layouts are using the the Single Post 01 Sidebar.
If you need different sidebar configuration, say of the Blog home page, then assign a different sidebar, like Blog Home. Then a new widget area will appear under Appearances > Widgets.

I just tried that and got the Tabula Rasa! on the blog home page, which should be expected as I didn't add anything to the Blog Home Widget area right away.
I've since added the Search, Archives, and Tag cloud so it will look like it did before.

All seems to be working as expected.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2016-05-11 04:42:49

HaraldJ
Website

rod barbee wrote:

Harald,

I don't see any problems with your blog page or your single posts. All have a sidebar with Search,  Archives, and Tag Cloud widgets.
All your blog page layouts are using the the Single Post 01 Sidebar.
If you need different sidebar configuration, say of the Blog home page, then assign a different sidebar, like Blog Home. Then a new widget area will appear under Appearances > Widgets.

I just tried that and got the Tabula Rasa! on the blog home page, which should be expected as I didn't add anything to the Blog Home Widget area right away.
I've since added the Search, Archives, and Tag cloud so it will look like it did before.

All seems to be working as expected.

Hi Rod,

Thank you very much for having a look! It's very odd - I can't see any sidebar anywhere on my blog, not with Firefox/IE/Opera/Chrome on the PC, and not with any browser I have on the iPad! So I'm very puzzled that you see a sidebar!

Best regards

Harald

Harald Joergens ARPS
Nutfield, Surrey, UK

#7 2016-05-11 05:59:41

rod barbee
Website

this is what I see on your blog

harald-blog2.jpg

If I narrow the browser width to under around 1024px, then the sidebar content drops to the bottom of the page.

This will also happen in Lightroom if you have both side panels open.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer