Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-26 06:50:06

reinharw

Portrait Photos Cropped

My portrait photos, when selected, are getting cropped (top & bottom) whereas my landscape photos display fine. I've tried several things to correct the problem but with no success.  Not surprisingly, the problem is worse, more noticeable on small display devices, phones, iPads, etc.) but it even shows up on my high res desktop display.

I'm confident there is a solution but I can't figure out what it is.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I'm using all CE4 components (gallery, pages, index).  To see the problem, please visit www.williphotos.com.  You'll find portrait photos under both special occasion or recipes menu selection.  The thumbnails display properly but the problem appears when you select the photo.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

#2 2016-04-26 07:44:57

rod barbee
Website

Re: Portrait Photos Cropped

Bill, do you have a specific gallery to point to? In every one I looked at, none of the portrait images were cropped. I can see the whole image. But all the images I saw were about 670px tall so there is no real chance of cropping.

If you have larger images somewhere, what you may be seeing as a crop might really be the Magnific overlays (Slideshow UI) covering the top and bottom of the image, which looks like it's set to be visible upon loading. If you click on the image they toggle off. You can check a box to hide that in the Magnific settings.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-04-26 07:50:43

Daniel Leu
Website

I noticed that not all portrait format images have the same size. See http://www.williphotos.com/recipes/beve … single.php and http://www.williphotos.com/recipes/beve … single.php. Could it be that you changed the image settings and didn't re-publish your galleries?

I would re-publish these galleries and first uncheck Publisher setting Push metadata without updating existing photos (http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … r_settings).

- Daniel

Last edited by Daniel Leu (2016-04-26 07:51:52)

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#4 2016-04-26 14:15:42

reinharw

Rod, thanks for your quick response.  In one way, I'm happy you didn't see any problems but I'm still noticing the cropping on some photos on my iPad.  For example, please take a look at images in the beverages gallery under recipes.  I'm noticing cropping on all of the portrait photos.  The extend of cropping is more severe when the iPad is in landscape orientation as opposed to portrait.  But it occurs in both.  If you get a chance, take a look.

Here is a specific URL for you to look at:  www.williphotos.com/recipes/beverages/mobile.php

Thanks, Bill

#5 2016-04-26 20:34:56

rod barbee
Website

I see it on the iPad. The "cropping" is actually the Magnific UI covering the top and bottom of the images. Tapping on the image hides the UI and you can see the whole image.
If you don't want the UI showing when the picture comes up, check the "Hide Slideshow UI onlaunch" checkbox in the Magnific setup.
you can also change the opacity of those bars with the "UI Background-color" slider.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer